Honored Contributor

My husband and son just came back from CVS

Valentine candy is out {#emotions_dlg.mad}{#emotions_dlg.tt1} at least let the christmas candy go on sale,

just nuts

Honored Contributor

Re: Things that make you go huh

Life!
hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

Maybe you can hang the hearts on the Christmas tree? Then in another week the Easter candy will be out so Easter Bunnies can go on the tree.

Won't have to take the tree down-it will be all season.

Honored Contributor

On 12/24/2014 My Thoughts said:

Maybe you can hang the hearts on the Christmas tree? Then in another week the Easter candy will be out so Easter Bunnies can go {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} on the tree.

Won't have to take the tree down-it will be all season.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 12/24/2014 hckynut said: Life!

Heh.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/24/2014 jackthebear said:

My husband and son just came back from CVS

Valentine candy is out {#emotions_dlg.mad}{#emotions_dlg.tt1} at least let the christmas candy go on sale,

just nuts

You've GOT to be kidding! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Trusted Contributor

Everything is so commercial. It's really sad. Holidays have no meaning anymore, it's about sell, sell, sell... and buy, buy, buy. Just like on Friday, Christmas will be forgotten and the "After Christmas Sales" will be hyped. People will be standing in line to return the gifts they don't want.

I'm of the Jewish faith. I'm glad we don't have any "After Chanukah Sales," or "The Passover rush." It's nice to have holidays that nobody knows or cares about... they focus on tradition and the meaning of that tradition. I admire those who celebrate Christmas in the traditional sense and make it less about gifts and all the hype. Chanukah was never a gift giving holiday. But since it comes near Christmas, people tried to make it like Christmas.

The marketers and retailers push so much on us... it takes away from the real meaning and traditions that are so important to observe.

Honored Contributor

On 12/25/2014 DARING GREATLY said:

Everything is so commercial. It's really sad. Holidays have no meaning anymore, it's about sell, sell, sell... and buy, buy, buy. Just like on Friday, Christmas will be forgotten and the "After Christmas Sales" will be hyped. People will be standing in line to return the gifts they don't want.

I'm of the Jewish faith. I'm glad we don't have any "After Chanukah Sales," or "The Passover rush." It's nice to have holidays that nobody knows or cares about... they focus on tradition and the meaning of that tradition. I admire those who celebrate Christmas in the traditional sense and make it less about gifts and all the hype. Chanukah was never a gift giving holiday. But since it comes near Christmas, people tried to make it like Christmas.

The marketers and retailers push so much on us... it takes away from the real meaning and traditions that are so important to observe.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I walked through Kohl's this past Monday. They had valentines day kitchen textiles (placemats and dish towels) and spring/Easter looking dish towels for sale. I just shrugged and kept on going.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Sell, sell, sell. I used to get flustered with this kind of thing, but since I made up my mind that it mattered not, they can try to promote Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's/Father's Day, 4th of July, etc., etc. well ahead of time and it will not even enter my consciousness. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown