Honored Contributor

@fordtruck wrote:

I remember when women used to giggle when a male colleague pinched their bottom. That's KC's reaction from what I gather.  You get to know your coworkers and become emotionally invested in their lives so I can see how painful it would be to turn someone in and watch them crash and burn. But I disliked Kathie Lee's reaction of we love you Matt and it should be all about forgiveness.  

@puttypiesmom, from what I remember of her, I would expect no less (or should that be "more").

Anyway, this really isn't about a pinch on the butt, although I'd be rather annoyed if anyone had done that to me in the workplace. My husband? I'd "playfully" get back at him. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: These Apologies

[ Edited ]

@fordtruck wrote:

I remember when women used to giggle when a male colleague pinched their bottom. That's KC's reaction from what I gather.  You get to know your coworkers and become emotionally invested in their lives so I can see how painful it would be to turn someone in and watch them crash and burn. But I disliked Kathie Lee's reaction of we love you Matt and it should be all about forgiveness.  

@puttypiesmom

I'm guessing they were taught to giggle, by way of what other women did.  It was not like today, back when we were young (admittedly, I don't know how old you are but it had to be awhile back when women giggled, they probably didn't know what else to do).

Today it's more likely someone would turn around and say, "What the h _ _ _  are you doing?"  Or, "Get your hands off of me!"  I would.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

@puttypiesmom

I'm guessing they were taught to giggle, by way of what other women did.  It was not like today, back when we were young (admittedly, I don't know how old you are but it had to be awhile back when women giggled, they probably didn't know what else to do).

Today it's more likely someone would turn around and say, "What the h _ _ _  are you doing?"  Or, "Get your hands off of me!"  I would.

@Noel7Not just today.  Women have been saying that to men for years.  Grown women.  Not girls in dress up clothes playing at being an adult.

Your last statement...are you saying that you wouldn't have said that 10 or 15 years ago?  Only today you would say it?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Hi Dotty,

What button?  I haven't heard all the details.  Thanks.

Cathy

variety newspaper 

Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

I'm sure all these men knew what they were doing but I think narcissism and ego also led these men who claim there were "shared feelings" or "some is not accurate" to believe on some level that these women wanted them. These type of situations where power and sexual impropriety intersect are so complicated.

I remember Tiger Woods saying he felt entitled to sleep with all those women. There seems to be a sense of entitlement that comes with their success that they honestly believe they are 'owed' these sexual experiences and in turn to have as many women as they please. Their egos and hubris rationalize the behavior and while knowing they are assaulting or harassing women, some part of their male ego says to them that the women want them in return. That these women are lucky to be with them due to their fame and/or success.

What's clear from all the sexual assault and harassment to all the male shooters is that men are and have been in crisis for a very long time.

But since they control everything they suppress the gendered narrative. Men, as women long have known, are not as good as they think they are. They are on top not based entirely on merit but due to women's continued oppression. 

@NycVixenI'm pretty sure you are saying men control everything.  To which I say...

There are some women at all levels of government, CEO's, and world leaders who would disagree with that.

Maybe it's that kind of thinking...that men control everything...that got us where we are today.  I think I read some time ago that you are a millenial. If your peers believe that too, we'll be having these same news reports again in the future.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Hi Dotty,

What button?  I haven't heard all the details.  Thanks.

Cathy

variety newspaper 

@Jackhound MomHe (and others at NBC) had a button under his desk that locked the door to his office.  Which I and some others see as a security measure.  I don't know why others see it as some kind of woman trap.  Jeeeez.  We really need an eyeroll emojie.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

No, there are not some women at all levels of government.

Waiting for a list of past female Presidents...

"Some."  A relative term which can mean two out of two thousand.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@judy0330 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

MSNBC reported Lauer raped a woman in his office, locked her in.

She lost consciousness and needed medical help, so he had an assistant take her to see the nurse.

Usually the courts don’t find an apology is enough in an attack like that.

I read about this too.  My first thought was -- "And the nurse chose to say nothing????!!!!!"

The nurse??  Why not a cop, FPS!!!

If the job was so important THEN that it wasn't reported, why isn't the job that important NOW?

Most of these accusations probably happened.  Doesn't meant reporting them now isn't the fad of 2017.

I'm disgusted with all of it...the men who do it and the cowardly women who didn't report it in real time and have just now "found (their) voice," "channeled the courage" of others.

Isn't that special.

I just don't understand why parents didn't teach these digusting men and cowardly women...when they were BOYS AND GIRLS...some self respect.

And no doubt MY post will be the one removed because it will be deemed "inappropriate."

@esmerelda

Not yet.

No matter when, or how these women were able to speak, If proven true, they are victims.  

What job are you speaking of?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@DrytheWhatever job they wanted to protect by not telling what was happening to them.

That's why they kept quiet in many cases, right?  Jobs in television are hard to find, blah, blah, blah.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

@puttypiesmom

@Noel7Not just today.  Women have been saying that to men for years.  Grown women.  Not girls in dress up clothes playing at being an adult.

Your last statement...are you saying that you wouldn't have said that 10 or 15 years ago?  Only today you would say it?

@esmerelda, or girls who for one reason or another have a very negative view of themselves so that they continue to seek and accept sexual attention. And boys and men are eager to help them.

This is what has always bothered me about a certain type of so-called empowerment. A young woman may act or dress (undress) in a way that she thinks or pretends is showing her freedom and feminism when what she is really doing is men's bidding, playing right into their hands.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland