Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@just bee

We're in a sad place when we have to tell men not to drop their pants when a woman comes into their office.

Oh, PLEASE.... Smiley Surprised

Come on now, let's get real. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@just bee wrote:

If I had a dollar for every se_ual harassment course I had to sit through... I was even a corporate trainer at one time and the training was required for all employees.  In my current position it's an annual requirement.

Has it stopped the harassment?

@just bee

We're in a sad place when we have to tell men not to drop their pants when a woman comes into their office.

@QueenDanceALot

This is just another thing that should be taught long before a person enters the workforce.  Or school. 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@just bee

Oh, PLEASE.... Smiley Surprised

Come on now, let's get real. 

@spot555

That's pretty much what's included in Harassment classes.  It seems to be necessary.  Lauer did that, you know.  Several times, it seems.

Honored Contributor

Yes, classes should be a high school 'and' college requirement.  If some of the parents haven't taught their kids how to be ethical, then that's when the gov should 'step in'.   Just maybe it should start in elementary school, again in middle school, again in high school, again a college requirement.  'Workplace Ethics' would be a good class title.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Who are "they", what words are "they" telling us we MUST use to describe a certain group of people (what group of people?) and how are "they" saying we MUST act around this group?

No idea what you are talking about.

Ya, I'm sure you have NO idea what I'm referring to. If you don't, then just stay sound asleep. It's fine. 

@spot555

I have no idea what you are referring to.  And I assure you, I am wide awake.

Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

The executives of the shows are also responsible for allowing this terrible behavior toward women - and some men!!!!!  These celebrities are from a previous culture that made it acceptable because they were King of their Castle. Look how Matt Lauer treats his long-suffering beautiful wife. He must have had a terrible childhood - since harassing, attacking seemed normal to him.

Would he like this behavior to be done to his daughter?????

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

Let's look at the bigger picture (not saying these people are innocent, of course)....

This is about taking away our freedoms. If it gets to the point that we can't put our hand on someone's back without getting repercussions, we're DONE. 

In case you haven't noticed, they're telling us what words we MUST use to describe a certain group of people, & how we MUST act around them, etc.  

Be aware.....our freedoms are being removed. Open your eyes to the BIGGER PICTURE. 

@spot555

Hopefully, our parents taught us those things, not to call groups of people derogatory names, and not to treat them poorly because they are different than we are.

Of course a lot of people still do it and revel in it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: These Apologies

[ Edited ]

I'm sure all these men knew what they were doing but I think narcissism and ego also led these men who claim there were "shared feelings" or "some is not accurate" to believe on some level that these women wanted them. These type of situations where power and sexual impropriety intersect are so complicated.

I remember Tiger Woods saying he felt entitled to sleep with all those women. There seems to be a sense of entitlement that comes with their success that they honestly believe they are 'owed' these sexual experiences and in turn to have as many women as they please. Their egos and hubris rationalize the behavior and while knowing they are assaulting or harassing women, some part of their male ego says to them that the women want them in return. That these women are lucky to be with them due to their fame and/or success.

What's clear from all the sexual assault and harassment to all the male shooters is that men are and have been in crisis for a very long time.

But since they control everything they suppress the gendered narrative. Men, as women long have known, are not as good as they think they are. They are on top not based entirely on merit but due to women's continued oppression. 

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

I remember when women used to giggle when a male colleague pinched their bottom. That's KC's reaction from what I gather.  You get to know your coworkers and become emotionally invested in their lives so I can see how painful it would be to turn someone in and watch them crash and burn. But I disliked Kathie Lee's reaction of we love you Matt and it should be all about forgiveness.  

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

Let's look at the bigger picture (not saying these people are innocent, of course)....

This is about taking away our freedoms. If it gets to the point that we can't put our hand on someone's back without getting repercussions, we're DONE. 

In case you haven't noticed, they're telling us what words we MUST use to describe a certain group of people, & how we MUST act around them, etc.  

Be aware.....our freedoms are being removed. Open your eyes to the BIGGER PICTURE. 

@spot555, so this is what you come away with after all these revelations of sexual harassment -- many of which include assaults and gross indecency?

As for your seeming disdain about what words we should be able to use  to describe a "certain group of people" and "how we must act around them," could you please say exactly what you are referring to? I'd hate to think that you would ever refer negatively or act inappropriate around ANY certain group of people.

And btw, when someone comes at me with big letters screaming that we're losing our freedoms, I usually avert my eyes and quickly move on to the next corner of the block.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland