Esteemed Contributor

@Anita Hug wrote:

I accept Frankens apology. At least from what we know now.  If there is more that comes out and we find out there was more involved, I will revisit how I feel.  The others, I don't accept. Especially Lauer. He's had a lot of opportunities over the past several weeks and months to come forward, to come clean all on his own. He's heard and seen these stories and reports coming out about the other men. He's heard how this abuse causes pain to the women. He's had a lot of chances to do the right thing. He didn't.   His apology is too little, too late in my opinion.

@Anita HugI read more about Franken today.  A veteran said he "cupped" her breast during that same USO tour (2003?) during a picture.  She said he had his hand there for 10 seconds.

Really?  10 seconds?  (or maybe what felt like 10 seconds to her)  And she didn't push it away?  Just stood there with his hand on it?  And NOW she's talking about it.  C'mon.  

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Hi Dotty,

What button?  I haven't heard all the details.  Thanks.

Cathy

Reportedly to lock his door.

I also find the apologies sickening and insulting.

It has also been reported that many, many people at NBC knew all along this was going on and nothing was said.  It was a well kept open secret.  While I get he is the offender, what about everyone else who let this go on without a word?

In a 2012 interview, Katie Couric said Matt pinched her butt all the time.  Did everyone think that was funny?  Was nothing done?

Thank you so much for answering!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@spot555

@spot555 wrote:

Let's look at the bigger picture (not saying these people are innocent, of course)....

This is about taking away our freedoms. If it gets to the point that we can't put our hand on someone's back without getting repercussions, we're DONE. 

In case you haven't noticed, they're telling us what words we MUST use to describe a certain group of people, & how we MUST act around them, etc.  

Be aware.....our freedoms are being removed. Open your eyes to the BIGGER PICTURE. 

Who are "they", what words are "they" telling us we MUST use to describe a certain group of people (what group of people?) and how are "they" saying we MUST act around this group?

No idea what you are talking about.

Valued Contributor

@Anita Hug wrote:

I accept Frankens apology. At least from what we know now.  If there is more that comes out and we find out there was more involved, I will revisit how I feel.  The others, I don't accept. Especially Lauer. He's had a lot of opportunities over the past several weeks and months to come forward, to come clean all on his own. He's heard and seen these stories and reports coming out about the other men. He's heard how this abuse causes pain to the women. He's had a lot of chances to do the right thing. He didn't.   His apology is too little, too late in my opinion.

@Anita Hug : Al Franken "doesn't remember." That's an apology????

A former Playboy model on Thursday accused Sen. Al Franken of forcibly kissing her during the rehearsal for a skit during a USA Tour in the Middle East and then groping her as she slept during a flight back to the United States.

171116-al-franken-groping-accussation-feature.jpg

Honored Contributor

Franken is not my senator but he was voted into office.

IMHO it's up to the good citizens of MN to decide whether he should stay or go.

Super Contributor

I never could stand Matt Lauer. He always seemed like a nasty, dirty sleaze to me. He can take his apology and ram it where the sun don't shine!!!

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

If I had a dollar for every se_ual harassment course I had to sit through... I was even a corporate trainer at one time and the training was required for all employees.  In my current position it's an annual requirement.

Has it stopped the harassment?

@just bee

We're in a sad place when we have to tell men not to drop their pants when a woman comes into their office.

Respected Contributor

I don't want to hear them either.  I'm frankly just sick of hearing about SH claims.  No one should be harrassed.  Ever.  But sometimes office romances happen.  I guess no one will be happy until we all act like robots and never say "wow, I love that dress on you" or "you look great today."  Sanitize it all, keep your head down and don't speak.  I guess that's one way to guarantee nothing will ever happen.  But you know, sometimes people WANT to date someone they work with. 

Honored Contributor

This is as old as it gets, been going on forever most men think with their privates, instead of minds.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Who are "they", what words are "they" telling us we MUST use to describe a certain group of people (what group of people?) and how are "they" saying we MUST act around this group?

No idea what you are talking about.

Ya, I'm sure you have NO idea what I'm referring to. If you don't, then just stay sound asleep. It's fine.