Trusted Contributor

I find all these apologies so insulting.  They were just saying Matt Lauer's was heart felt.

Really?  Thery're only sorry they got caught.  Lauer had a button under his desk.

Frequent Contributor

I can't say for sure whether someone means something they say or not.  I'm holding off until I see real action.  A change in behavior and the way that they treat women and effort to make amends to those they have harmed will make me believe they are truly remorseful.

Honored Contributor

I really don't want to hear it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Meaningless, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

The only thing they are sorry for is that they got caught.  Those "heartfelt" apologies and the blah blah blah are written by their publicists and lawyers they hire to staunch the bleeding.  They have to say something, so put a press release out with the usual bull ******.  I expect Lauer to announce that he's going somewhere for "treatment" since his actions are 100 times worse that the earlier ones.  

Respected Contributor

Hi Dotty,

What button?  I haven't heard all the details.  Thanks.

Cathy

Honored Contributor

I really don't know, because I can't read hearts or minds.  I  am of the belief  when you inflict damage on someone, restitution is in order.

Actions speak louder than words. I doubt that any of them ever thought they would have to answer for what they have done. They repeated their actions time and again. A truly penitent person, would have stopped after the first time

A simple I'm sorry, seems a day late, and a dollar short to me

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Re: These Apologies

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Hi Dotty,

What button?  I haven't heard all the details.  Thanks.

Cathy

Reportedly to lock his door.

I also find the apologies sickening and insulting.

It has also been reported that many, many people at NBC knew all along this was going on and nothing was said.  It was a well kept open secret.  While I get he is the offender, what about everyone else who let this go on without a word?

In a 2012 interview, Katie Couric said Matt pinched her butt all the time.  Did everyone think that was funny?  Was nothing done?

Respected Contributor

I'd really like someone to explain to me how Lauer's apologies can be "heartfelt" when - while he was abusing women - he was calling out others for abuse.

So he "knew" what they were doing was wrong - but he has just now suddenly realized that he was wrong too?

Please.  I'm not that stupid.