Valued Contributor

Re: Therapy pets - I am getting on my soap box

AKC is going on line with registration for Service Animals, along with hand-held registration.  The animal's certificatiom number will be scanned and registration will show up on the scanner.  Emotional support and Comfort animals reguire no training or minimal.  Like I said, all have their place in society, God bless them all.  For the people who think trying to get a dog free passage on a flight,  $50, is it worth it.  People who have never needed a Service Dog (as I have), Theraphy Dogs, or Comfort Dog must experience how important a service these animals do.  The people who abuse this privildege, SHAME ON YOU.

Valued Contributor

GMy nephew is autistic, 5 years old, and won't eat right or sleep without his Theraphy Dog. What a wonderful thing.  They go everywhere together and it works.  

What a beautiful sight, the two of them.  God Bless/

Honored Contributor

One good thing (among others) is that many/all of these therapy pets are able to have a lot of love and attention. Heart

Lucky pets, imo. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I get crazy with the people who abuse the privilege. 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@151949  in our neck of the woods a farmer's cow got loose and started munching on a neighbor's newly planted yard (with sod). He was outside of his house beating on the animal with a broom. Of course this thousands of pounds of animal turned and looked at him. The farmer finally retrieved his cow. What a sight. Should have sold popcorn.

Honored Contributor

@Deaniewrote:

@151949  in our neck of the woods a farmer's cow got loose and started munching on a neighbor's newly planted yard (with sod). He was outside of his house beating on the animal with a broom. Of course this thousands of pounds of animal turned and looked at him. The farmer finally retrieved his cow. What a sight. Should have sold popcorn.

I would throw a rope on a cow and lead it home as cows generally have a pretty passive temperment. However, bulls generally are the polar opposite of that, and no way would I mess with one.

Esteemed Contributor

And then there's the woman who tried to bring her therapy peacock on the plane, full blown tail and all. This is getting ridiculous. My feelings? If you are so insecure or unstable that you have to fly with a peacock, a rat, or a hippopotamus, you shouldn't be traveling. Either that, or take a train, boat, automobile, motor cycle, or magic carpet to get to your destination. Give other flyers a break. They shouldn't have to deal with your excess "baggage."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949wrote:

@Deaniewrote:

I would throw a rope on a cow and lead it home as cows generally have a pretty passive temperment. However, bulls generally are the polar opposite of that, and no way would I mess with one.

@151949

That's for sure!

My brother & I got chased by a neighbor's bull and it was all elbows and a--holes trying to outrun him, while dodging behind trees, LOL!

We were terrified!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I don't mind animals on planes or in stores. I do mind those whose scent takes my breath away and not out of desire.

I suspect the woman traveling from China with the dog and cats had obtained them in China and had rescued them.

Honored Contributor

I posted way back in this thread that last week a woman was roaming around the supermarket with a small poodle-ish type dog on a leash. The little dog was trying to jump in the meat section and also did a bit of barking.

Well, I'll be darn if this week there weren't two little dogs in the market. They were not guide dogs of any sort.

It's inane.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland