Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I was typing away and suddenly the font size shrunk. Only the user name and replies. The title stayed the right size. I changed my whole computer to size up but it's too large. I must have accidentally hit a wrong button when typing. Any suggestions? TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I did a system restore back to March 1 and it seems to have resolved itself.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep   I'm on a desktop running windows.  I always mention that first in case the person questioning something is running on a different operating system.

As I am typing this response to you in the text box, I can see at the top of the text box two rows.

The top row includes B for Bold, I for Italics, U for underline, S for strikethrough, etc.

The smaller row under the top row gives you Font Family (type of font like Arial, Comic Sans MS) and then next to that is Font Size - which, when selected can increase or decrease your font size.

Maybe you accidentally hit the Font Size?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I use an iPad and strange things have been happening with this site. 

I don’t know of a way to lock preferred settings.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help With Size on Posts

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep,

This happens to me regularly and started when I started posting.

Sometimes I can correct it, but sometimes it just refuses to be corrected. 

I pretty much assume it's an incompatibility issue. It never happens anywhere else but on this website.

I just hit the Preview and I see I got one here.

I did nothing to change font size in this post.  It happens most often when I try to move a paragraph, re-arrange sentence structure or insert a word. 

Edit to add: I think it has something to do with HTML affecting the Rich Text and making it go wonky. Maybe its something in the Settings.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge Yes, thank you for sharing your experience.