Respected Contributor

Be glad QVC gave a month's warning about closing these forums. I 've been on sites that one day they were in full swing, then the next day gone.

Alternatives have been established.  It is not the end of the world.

I know many have established close friendships but if they are important, they will continue.

I am puzzled why you'd stopped shopping somewhere (better still, return orders)  just because they've given notice they were discontinuing their forums.

Change is not always bad.

Respected Contributor

Re: The sky isn't falling

[ Edited ]

but we adults have that choice of who we do business with. I just took a survey by QVC, and I was not asked any question on the areas that I have the biggest issues with. Not one question about:

that in your face constant pop-ups, Like "going going going going..."  

Many sites that sell shoes have ways to measure your foot to determine the size and compare that to the size of the shoe that's been offered.  

Making a commitment that they are not able keep for shipping and delivery times.

QVC is a huge customer to a lot of manufacturing, why have they not forced shoe manufactures to carry size 10 1/2? More talls? etc. 

The very popular Forum that has given QVC members a sense of community, we grew the company, and now is being canceled. 

That survey I took was fishing with the right questions for just the right answers to get the right outcome. 

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 While I'm okay with most of your message, I just had to put my 2 cents in with your last line...."change is not always bad".  No, it's not however for many who are retired, work from home or just don't get out much due to the pandemic, many felt that the Q forum was a bit of a lifeline. 

Change is not good when your world gets smaller which unfortunately is happening to a lot of people. 

I for one have not been doing so great over the last several months.  Though I don't live alone (many do), I have a feeling that we will be spending the holidays zooming with family like we did last year....I am sick of it!  Then we have a long cold winter to deal with.  I'm surprised that the Q has done this before the holidays.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 Acting like it's the end of their world.  And maybe it is, and I find that sad.

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@lulu1 While I'm okay with most of your message, I just had to put my 2 cents in with your last line...."change is not always bad".  No, it's not however for many who are retired, work from home or just don't get out much due to the pandemic, many felt that the Q forum was a bit of a lifeline. 

Change is not good when your world gets smaller which unfortunately is happening to a lot of people. 

I for one have not been doing so great over the last several months.  Though I don't live alone (many do), I have a feeling that we will be spending the holidays zooming with family like we did last year....I am sick of it!  Then we have a long cold winter to deal with.  I'm surprised that the Q has done this before the holidays.

They have been given an alternative over at pro boards. Yes, it is different but just like here it can be made to feel like home. I have seen several posts over there that people actually like it better. 

Honored Contributor

I think the boards have become less pleasant and more snarky.

Ganging up on members is not a great idea.

Too much stuff about religion.

Expressing opinions,but beating up those that disagree.

I am truly surprised (as is another) that these are being closed before the holidays.

I have also gotten the feeling the that products are geting harder and harder to delivier in a timely manner. 

Lots of complaints about the above.

And yes, the sky maybe falling.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Be glad QVC gave a month's warning about closing these forums. I 've been on sites that one day they were in full swing, then the next day gone.

Alternatives have been established.  It is not the end of the world.

I know many have established close friendships but if they are important, they will continue.

I am puzzled why you'd stopped shopping somewhere (better still, return orders)  just because they've given notice they were discontinuing their forums.

Change is not always bad.

@lulu1  IMO the people who wrote they are returning items won't really do it.

Respected Contributor

If I have offended anyone, I am truly sorry.  That was not my intention.

I can certainly empathize with anyone confined to his/her home, feeling alone and/or infirmed. 

Trust me, our family knows all too well how the pandemic can change lives forever.  I, personally know how being retired and ill can make your world feel small.

If I could I'd delete this thread, but it is too late for that.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@lulu1 Acting like it's the end of their world.  And maybe it is, and I find that sad.

I too find it sad that so many seemed to be so distressed about the forums disappearing.  QVC is a shopping channel, as I've said many times before, or it should be, and it is in business to be profitable.  It would seem these forums are not contributing to the bottom line and probably are even an expense to keep going.  I've enjoyed my time here but I won't be joining any other social media sites.  And I will continue to shop here, limited though that is, in the future if I see something I want to purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

If I have offended anyone, I am truly sorry.  That was not my intention.

I can certainly empathize with anyone confined to his/her home, feeling alone and/or infirmed. 

Trust me, our family knows all too well how the pandemic can change lives forever.  I, personally know how being retired and ill can make your world feel small.

If I could I'd delete this thread, but it is too late for that.

@lulu1  why would you want to delete the Thread? Others are saying whatever, so why shouldn't you. I feel the same as you do. No big deal. You don't  have to apologize. I will still continue shopping here and that's my choice.