Honored Contributor

Re: The most famous people you've ever met

In 1966 or 67, don't recall, I was a teller at Bank of America in th LAX branch (later became a US Post Office distribution center), and a young woman was in my line with 2 serious looking men next to her.

In those days each teller had a separate line. She asked me if I would change a $20 for her. She had a beautiful smile and a soft southern drawl.

I said "Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Lynda Bird Johnson?" She just smiled and thanked me, and as she walked away I realized that the L. A. Times had a story that she was in town and was dating George Hamilton at the time, and it was her! and the men were Secret Service agents.

She was much much prettier in person than in photos and chatted with me for a minute and was so lovely and gracious. I was 19 at the time and found it very exciting.

As a kid we were at Knott's Berry Farm and met John Wayne and his oldest son. My mom got his autograph and was giddy for a week! I was only about 8 or so but recall him being very tall and very very nice.

Respected Contributor

Evil Kenevil, Jimmy Buffett, Bill O'Reilly, Marco Rubio, Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, James Carville, Ozzy Osborne, Barbara Walters, George W Bush Steve Harvey, Enrique Iglesias...got the autographs to prove it!  I am now retired but my business allowed these opportunities.  

Valued Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

Evil Kenevil, Jimmy Buffett, Bill O'Reilly, Marco Rubio, Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, James Carville, Ozzy Osborne, Barbara Walters, George W Bush Steve Harvey, Enrique Iglesias...got the autographs to prove it!  I am now retired but my business allowed these opportunities.  

Wow that's an impressive list!  

Respected Contributor

Unless Santa Claus counts (annually for the first six or seven years of my life), ab-so-lute-ly nobody.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

didn't meet but...

I walked past Drew Peterson in Walgreens parking lot after Stacy went missing.  He & Stacy belonged to the same Wine Styles that I did.

Hi @Mary Bailey ,

We met several years ago when several posters from the Beauty Forum got together.

I seen Drew at Meijer.

Honored Contributor

I almost forgot about this I met Ruby Dee and her husband Ossie Davis,, they preformed at our local High School, my mother was active in the community and was invited to a reception after the show. Ruby Dee gradated from Hunter College at same year as my Mom and my Mom asked her to sign her year book. It was a lovely event

Also we met Bernie Williams former NY Yankee, he lives in the area and often plays at local jams. A dear friend was host one night and DH got a photo with Bernie and he sang Happy Birthday to me. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

didn't meet but...

I walked past Drew Peterson in Walgreens parking lot after Stacy went missing.  He & Stacy belonged to the same Wine Styles that I did.

Hi @Mary Bailey ,

We met several years ago when several posters from the Beauty Forum got together.

I seen Drew at Meijer.

@Lucky Dog   I'd forgotten all about that!  We had fun

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunSprite wrote:

@Sooner  I still can't even imagine. What a great memory to have.....

I remember years ago I had a huge crush on Ray Boom Boom Mancini (well it was between him and Wayne Gretsky there for a bit).....I finally thought I was going to get to see Ray box and didn't get to go.......wonder if he is still living?

He is very much alive.  He is from my hometown and cousins lived up the street from me.  Had many meals with him and he used to play games with us.  Outside games, football, baseball, kick the can.

I met Joan Rivers.

You can watch Ray's documentary on youtube.  The Good Son: The Life of Ray 'Boom Boom' Mancini - Full Movie

Respected Contributor

I stood next to Joey Heatherthan (sp?) In the gift shop in the Sahara Hotel in Vegas in 1980. She was so tall  slender,full make up and  signature pixie haircut.

I also met Ed Sullivan at the JFK airport in a restaurant. I was 17 in 1970 and with a group of eight girls on a summer exchange trip to Spain. We took our napkins to have him sign and asked him if he got tired of people asking him for autographs and he said he would be more insulted if they didn't ask him. 

Not a biggy ,but Bret Farve came UpNorth Wisconsin to Deer and Bird Hunt. It was in his drinking era and trashed some local bars. He and Chumera were on their way out the door and I quick bought a bar  baseball hat to have them sign.  My ex husband said because I was a woman they stopped. I later gave the hat away to a real Fan.

Fun Thread....

Honored Contributor

The most famous person I have met is Cale Yarborough.  (auto racing)   Pathetic, eh?  I've made a point not to get near my heroes, I might find out they aren't.