Valued Contributor

The most famous people you've ever met

How long ago/how recent, doesn't matter. 

I'm pretty sure @dulwich is going to beat us all on this one lol, but I'd hate to disqualify her. So I won't Smiley Happy

I'll start with the recent. When my daughter was 10 I joined her in the Nsync fan club (she was a huge fan) and she actually won backstage passes, full meet and greet, the works. 

And then refused to go. She was painfully shy then, it was before she got involved in sports. 

Anyway, ended up taking a 20 something year old coworker with me and had a blast. Met Justin Timberlake and found out that he is super soft spoken one to one, but very polite. So polite in fact he called me "ma'am" more than once. Darn it all. 

How about you?

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The most famous people you've ever met

Vincent Price at the grand opening of the Haunted House at Old Chicago Amusement Park in Bolingbrook IL.  I was on my friend's shoulders and I was eye to eye with him.

Honored Contributor

Muhammad Ali, early 1970's, got to sit and talk to him at some length.  

You'll be hard pressed to beat that in my book! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Elvis, Truth.

This got me thinking 💭 

Zubin Meta

James Taylor

Carol King

B B King

Louis Armstrong

Michael Jordan

John Cleese

Tim Curry 

WOW... JFK !  I would have loved that.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner  that's some incredible stuff!!!! What was he like? was he cordial/friendly/etc?

Doubt that will be topped, short of a JFK meeting Smiley Wink

**** OH goodness edited for Elvis....oh my...........Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

@SunSprite   You made me laugh as you know having worked and met with many ‘famous’ so I can say The Best was my man Bruce Springsteen a really nice person.

Thank you for not excluding me!

Super Contributor

I met Clark Gable in 1957 when I was 17 yrs old.  He was shooting skeet at a gun club in Castic, Ca.  I was there with my in-laws (yes I was newly married and already pregnant) watching them shoot.  Clark Gable came up behind me and said, "Well Hello there young lady (in that unmistakeable voice).  I knew immediately who it was.  We chatted for a few minutes and he invited me to join his group for the next round, but I declined because I was too shy.  Not the case now, of course.  I've now been married 63 yrs, and my husband still calls Clark my boyfriend whenever we see a picture or movie with him in it.  A huge highlight in my life, and yes he was very very handsome.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner. Then I'll one up you with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward!
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@Sooner  that's some incredible stuff!!!! What was he like? was he cordial/friendly/etc?

Doubt that will be topped, short of a JFK meeting Smiley Wink

@SunSprite It was on a bench in front of my dorm.  He was there for a talk that night and was walking around campus. There were about 5 kids, the others wandered away and I just sat there and we talked.

Very nice, polite, funny and genuine!  

I have met Toby Keith too and chatted, but he just lives in central Oklahoma, so it's not hard to run into him! That was at a golf course in central Oklahoma.

Lots of football "stars" if you are ever around the campus at OU.  Old coaches, players, etc. LOL!!! They are a dime a dozen!

Valued Contributor

@dulwich   hahaha having read your posts I knew we had some stiff competition!

I had just switched over from Tom Petty to Bruce about ten minutes ago.....huge fans of both.....really wish one of our adminstrations would reach out to Bruce to be a mental health ambassador in some capacity....

what was your favorite Bruce Springsteen song? I'm tron between Born to Run and Tenth Avenue Freezeout.....guess it depends on the mood