Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Melania2 said:
On 1/27/2015 Justina rae said:
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:
On 1/27/2015 mstyrion 1 said:
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:

Wow, I'm so relieved to see that NYC survived "the worst snowstorm since 1872" as I heard it put from deblasio. Again, the media has turned a winter snowstorm, imagine that, into the sky is falling scenario and gotten millions in a panic. My dh and I laughed out loud last night when Shepard Smith hosted a one hour special Weather Alert program. Too funny.

says the person who lives in the desert. You're from NV, right?

The implications of a severe winter storm don't affect you, so you and your DH "laugh out loud". SMH

I lived in the snowbelt along Lake Erie for over 50 years, so I do know of what I speak. We expected tons of snow and we dealt with it without getting in a panic at the very thought of it. Did I like it? NO...which explains why I now live in the desert.

Your attitude towards the coverage of a potential disaster speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. I'm glad you found it so humorous.

Wink

We certainly can sit back, observe, and watch as posters "tell us who they are," can't we.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:

Wow, I'm so relieved to see that NYC survived "the worst snowstorm since 1872" as I heard it put from deblasio. Again, the media has turned a winter snowstorm, imagine that, into the sky is falling scenario and gotten millions in a panic. My dh and I laughed out loud last night when Shepard Smith hosted a one hour special Weather Alert program. Too funny.

The implications of a severe winter storm don't affect you, so you and your DH "laugh out loud". SMH

I lived in the snowbelt along Lake Erie for over 50 years, so I do know of what I speak. We expected tons of snow and we dealt with it without getting in a panic at the very thought of it. Did I like it? NO...which explains why I now live in the desert.

Your attitude towards the coverage of a potential disaster speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. I'm glad you found it so humorous.

The only reason a snowstorm in the winter would be disastrous is if people don't use the brains God gave them. I find it more sad than humorous, btw.

Perhaps God gave you more brains than some other people but He sure didn't give you empathy or compassion.

Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:
On 1/27/2015 Tyak said:

The only reason a snowstorm in the winter would be disastrous is if people don't use the brains God gave them. I find it more sad than humorous, btw.

Perhaps God gave you more brains than some other people but He sure didn't give you empathy or compassion.

Awwwww.

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:

You know I was thinking with all the coverage of this yesterday, you'd think these are the only people that live in the United States!!! I just hope that next time the folks in the South and Coastal States have severe tornadoes and hurricanes (that can kill you) they get as much coverage as this "Blizzard of 2015" in the Northeast!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

I'm sorry you feel so angry about being left out. Perhaps instead you should show some empathy towards your fellow human beings. I remember Hurricane Andrew very well and my loved ones were involved praying for their lives.

Left out, LOL ............ I have lived in the DC area and No. VA and DE, and have experienced SNOW, but they usually don't kill you!

Terrier, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the world does not revolve around the Northeast! I am assuming that is where you live!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I live in Buffalo. It was no laughing matter back in November when 13 people died in the snowstorm...and it took days to find some of the victims frozen bodies!

If you owned stocks - you might think twice about the NE (home of the stock market). Plus it is the #1 terrorist target,

Snow and below zero temps can and do kill.

Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 terrier3 said:
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:

You know I was thinking with all the coverage of this yesterday, you'd think these are the only people that live in the United States!!! I just hope that next time the folks in the South and Coastal States have severe tornadoes and hurricanes (that can kill you) they get as much coverage as this "Blizzard of 2015" in the Northeast!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

I'm sorry you feel so angry about being left out. Perhaps instead you should show some empathy towards your fellow human beings. I remember Hurricane Andrew very well and my loved ones were involved praying for their lives.

Left out, LOL ............ I have lived in the DC area and No. VA and DE, and have experienced SNOW, but they usually don't kill you!

Terrier, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the world does not revolve around the Northeast! I am assuming that is where you live!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I live in Buffalo. It was no laughing matter back in November when 13 people died in the snowstorm...and it took days to find some of the victims frozen bodies!

If you owned stocks - you might think twice about the NE (home of the stock market). Plus it is the #1 terrorist target,

Snow and below zero temps can and do kill.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:

WOW! That's all I gotta say with your rude response. But I'm not surprised by it at all.

Honored Contributor

Hello it snows in these states every winter, if you don't like it MOVE!!!

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:

WOW! That's all I gotta say with your rude response. But I'm not surprised by it at all.

I am not being rude, just stating the facts, some people just cannot deal with the
TRUTH, LOL!

I'm out of here, enjoy the SNOW, LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:

You sure fit the bill for the typical arrogant Washingtonian. Congratulations!!!

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Hooty said:

And if you don't like hurricanes, FLA is h3ll.

And the Midwest has tornadoes.

We need to respect and care for all areas of the UNITED States...not laugh about disasters.