Honored Contributor

The Queen and Prince Phillip

98 and 93, 72 years of marriage, and he can still make her smile! Heart

I'm American, and her message about the pandemic comforted me. The British people are lucky to have her! Here is one of her latest messages to her people:

“As Philip and I arrive at Windsor today, we know that many individuals and families across the United Kingdom, and around the world, are entering a period of great concern and uncertainty.

We are all being advised to change our normal routines and regular patterns of life for the greater good of the communities we live in and, in particular, to protect the most vulnerable within them.

At times such as these, I am reminded that our nation’s history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one, concentrating our combined efforts with a focus on the common goal.

We are enormously thankful for the expertise and commitment of our scientists, medical practitioners and emergency and public services; but now more than any time in our recent past, we all have a vitally important part to play as individuals - today and in the coming days, weeks and months.

Many of us will need to find new ways of staying in touch with each other and making sure that loved ones are safe. I am certain we are up to that challenge. You can be assured that my family and I stand ready to play our part.”

Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen and Prince Phillip

She looks so pretty. That's my favorite color. Those two have remarkable energy.

Honored Contributor

I much prefer her in a jacket with a collar.  That certainly is her shade of pink.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom 

I have the utmost respect for Queen Elizabeth.  She is a remarkable woman and I am saddened by the disrespect Prince Harry and his wife have shown her, she didn't deserve that, however, she handled it with the dignity she uses for everything that crosses her path.

Thank you for sharing this lovely picture of her with her husband of 72 years.  The smile on her face is like sunshine that lights up the space around the two of them, a beautiful love story.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@beach-mom 

I have the utmost respect for Queen Elizabeth.  She is a remarkable woman and I am saddened by the disrespect Prince Harry and his wife have shown her, she didn't deserve that, however, she handled it with the dignity she uses for everything that crosses her path.

Thank you for sharing this lovely picture of her with her husband of 72 years.  The smile on her face is like sunshine that lights up the space around the two of them, a beautiful love story.  Heart

@Lindsays Grandma 

I don't think she was disrespectd by H&M.   Not even a little.  Neither of them should serve a lifetime sentence living a life that they despise.   ANY sane person would walk away and not look back .... no matter who their relatives are!

The fact that the family didn't even know they were having difficulties sheds a light on just how concerned they all are about the other family members.    That family cuts ribbons and makes small talk, so  perhaps they should be cut some slack .....  uh, now that I think more about it .... nope.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@beach-mom 

@Lindsays Grandma    It's a lovely picture of the Queen and Prince Philip with a good message from the Queen. Why do you have to throw in a dig about Harry and "his wife"?  What is it that drives this desire to be so negative? Just wondering. 

Respected Contributor

What some experts are saying could happen as the duties with the Royals is shifting all over the place due to the Coronavirus.

Prince William could soon take a more senior role in the Royal Family during the coronavirus pandemic should the Queen and Prince Charles have to go into isolation, experts have claimed. The Queen was  seen leaving Buckingham Palace for Windsor Castle with her faithful Dorgi on her lap. She travelled there a week earlier than usual to spend time in self-isolation over Easter, and was joined by Prince Philip, who was helicoptered from Wood Farm in Sandringham.

Earlier this week Health Secretary Matt Hancock said people over the age of 70 will be told to self-isolate, even if they do not have symptoms, in a bid to stem the spread of the disease and protect the most vulnerable in society. Given the Prince of Wales, 71, and Her Majesty, 93, are within this age group, as third-in-line to the throne the Duke of Cambridge may be required to provide a ‘physical presence’ of the monarchy.

Nigel Cawthorne, author of Call Me Diana: Princess Diana on Herself, told FEMAIL: ‘It is entirely sensible for Prince William to act as placeholder for the Queen. And Grant Harrold, who was a royal butler between 2004 and 2011, explained: ‘It is possible that if the Queen and the Prince of Wales are in isolation, then Prince William as second-in-line would take a more active role during this period.’

Nigel added that, should the Duchess of Cambridge fall pregnant during the pandemic, the Palace would have to go ‘on bent knee to Prince Harry to ask him to act as placeholder’. ‘I am sure he would come back and be delighted to help out, too, and do anything to protect his father and grandmother,’ he said. Though that could be difficult given Prince Harry is currently self-isolating in Canada with wife Meghan Markle and their son Archie, who turns one in May. [Daily Mail]

Honored Contributor

Lovely couple and lovely message!  Evokes echoes of the courageous, staunch, "I'm all right, Jack!" response of the Brits to grave national crises like the Blitz during World War II. 

All over the world, people are trying to rise to the occasion of this current crisis, and encouraging words that world leaders are giving are bracing and give hope.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

She leads by example as her parents before her.  In her message, her words were beautifully stated, well thought out and I found them to be comforting as well as calming.

Panic as well as anxiety will not help us during this trying time especially when dealing with unknowns and uncertainty.  Finding blame as well as fault will not alter nor cure our current situation.

Do the very best you can, follow the guidelines to the best of your ability, keep a kind heart for others and realize this is not a you, not a me but an ALL that is being affected.  It is humanities fight against an unknown and for this we will need courage and strength to endure.

Honored Contributor

They look wonderful!