Honored Contributor

Spring Break will be over but our campus is closed

All employees are working remotely.  There will be video conference for research workers, grad students & faculty.  I had no trouble signing on (as I did this before)  But our Tech people spent many hours the student were at Spring Break to make sure every went smoothly online (plus obviously securing the fire wall)

Nobody from the student body and faculty has the virus so far.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Spring Break will be over but our campus is closed

@songbirdRight now there's so much online learning going on  that I'm expecting there will be major changes for our whole education system coming out of this experience.

So far as I communicate with both the teachers and students in my own extended family, there are many parts of the online learning that they really like.  I'm sure there will be many wrinkles going forward, but I expect we will learn a great deal during these months when it's the only choice that makes much sense.

Good luck to you as you pioneer this change.

Honored Contributor

Even my kinder granddaughter was given an iPad to take home for spring break...which is this week....and her teacher has loaded lessons and games on it so they can learn at home. She has also already put many other resources for parents online. Glad to see so many people using technology so learning can continue amid this trying time.
Honored Contributor

@songbird   What campus is close to you? Do you work there?

We live 10 minutes from The Ohio State University and the pres here closed campus over a week ago. Late last week he closed all the dorms too, don't know where all the students went from other countries as there are many who come here to go to school which is always problematic between semesters for these students let alone closing down for many weeks.

They've also postponed spring commencement, one of the largest in this country at about 10-12 thousand every spring.

It's all necessary for sure, we can certainly tell the college kids have left the neighborhoods.