Honored Contributor

Re: Where is the QUALITY CONTROL?

@dmeasy - Please either delete your post, which has nothing to do with this thread, or ask the moderators to move it to the appropriate forum as a new thread.

Honored Contributor

I only have a couple of Longaberger baskets that I got from QVC years ago.  One is always beside my recliner and has a tray on top of it so it serves as a little side table.  I think it was the one sold as a magazine basket, but I've never really used it for that.

I can't even remember where the other one is, but I know I have at least one more!  Some day, when I get around to decluttering, I'll find it.

Honored Contributor

I also went to the 'basket factory'. The town was nice and full of energy, that was many years ago.  A friend and I toured the factory, watching baskets being made, it was a fun girls trip.

I have sold a lot of my baskets, and kept just the ones I liked and occasionally use.  

My friend has A LOT of the baskets as well as A LOT of the pottery.  She would like to sell some pieces but knows she will not get much for them.  We enjoyed collecting.

Esteemed Contributor

There are Longaberger baskets galore at yard sales in my area near Easton, PA.

I bought 3 at my local thrift store in the past year for just a few dollars each, all in EUC: a round basket, another round basket with a liner and a liner divided into quarters and the most darling little crossbody purse basket. 

I am pretty sure that is all the Longaberger baskets I need `or want.

I was surprised to see a Longaberger rep and her wares at a recent craft fair.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   I have those wonderful canisters in avacodo tgreen and harvest gold.  I use them to store cookies and candy in around the holidays.  They are still like new and I  wish they still made them.

I like them better than lock and lock.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

me too!  maybe that's another "glitch" we have to live with from QVCs inept IT🙄

Honored Contributor

I had to go to a business meeting once that was held in the basket bldg outside Newark OH. What a sight it was outside, yet amazingly it was just a normal office building inside.

Esteemed Contributor
I started buying Longaberger baskets in the early 1980’s when my future sister in law inivited me to a party. Of course you feel obligated to buy something. So I was hooked for quite a few years. I have many baskets that are spread out across the house. For a time, I got the Christmas basket every year, until I decided enough was enough. I have a few pottery pieces too that I like, including the salt and pepper shakers that we still use. The thing with the baskets for me is that, while I do use some, many of mine are just decorations, and how much of that do you need or have room for? By the time the overpriced jewelry came out, I was over my obsession. I used to pour over those catalogs, lol.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor
Years ago, someone, I think on these forums, posted a link (or where to get it) to the house (estate) that Tami was selling. It was massive and expensive. Some people said the reps were a bit taken aback at how expensive a property she lived in and felt a bit, I don’t know, used or betrayed or something. I have no insight into why the company failed or what she might have done wrong. But those baskets and pottery are just not in style anymore and I think they would be a hard sell.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead