Esteemed Contributor

Angelpuppy - you can have all my free magazines - I'd love someone who'd appreciate it to get them.

I have no idea why they started sending them to me. I don't hardly order much at all.  And they don't have my credit card number.

Esteemed Contributor

Good to know that I'm not the only one who gets unwanted magazines.  I do save them for my daughter, though. 

Some are okay, like Oprah, etc. Good housekeeping, Better HOmes and Gardens etc. But Bazaar is such a think one.  One time I got Cosmotpolitan, it was huge, too!  None I want.  Only Clean Eating which I pay for, and Prevention which I'm getting free now.

Respected Contributor

Is it possible someone has given you a subscription as a gift?  That's a lot of magazines to get for free.  Fashion magazines are the ones you sometimes get with an order.  As others have pointed out, the fact that you can get an $8-$12 refund means the magazines are not free.

I would contact the publishers and cancel the subscriptions, as I've learned nothing is ever really FREE.

Esteemed Contributor

muttmom, I'm not paying a cent for all the magazines that are coming. So for me they are free, and I'm not getting billed for them either, they don't even know my credit card.  I take it that it's just advertizing their magazines and if I want them I can subscribe.  They haven't taken me off the list yet.

I know that no one has gifted me with a subscription.  Usually when that happens you get a notice.  

Well, they'll stop coming when the post office quits forwarding them.  

Respected Contributor

@gloriajean a friend of mine gets a lot of magazines also without subscriptions and can't get over it!  you should just enjoy them!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th

Ouch!  No, I would not like that.  I would probably forget to cancel, also.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I got a offer for many for free. I said no but asked why they were free.   Advertizing.  The advertizers expect so many copies to be distributed, and if the magazine can't get it with PAID subscriptions they have no choice.