Trusted Contributor

Re: The Looks on their Faces--Extended Royal Family

The couple looked elated and I am happy for them. There is no denying that and the pictures posted on this thread prove it. I'm not referring to them but their extended family, specifically the Royals. Doria looked very emotional and many of Meghan's friends.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

I think within the year, a baby will be on the way. They both love children ,and I hope they are blessed, with as many as they want

Trusted Contributor

I saw Philip looking over and smiling at them a lot. I think they were following along with the program on their laps. And with the pews not facing the altar, that can give the neck a real crick if turned the one direction the entire time. I would think that could be so uncomfortable.

They also had big happy smiles as they waved as the couple rode away in their carriage.

Anyone know who the couple was sitting next to her mom? The both of them had such happy smiles through out.

Honored Contributor

I think Doria was suffering from jet lag ,and was just exhausted. They snapped a picture of her ,dozing off in a car. Charles was very kind and gentle to her, and I am glad she felt included 

Honored Contributor

PHOTO: An official wedding photo of Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, with their wedding party at Windsor Castle in Windsor, England, May 19, 2018. (Alexi Lubomirski/Kensington Palace via AP)

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

Hi everybody, between getting little sleep because I woke up early to watch the Royal Wedding and going to my sister's bridal shower, I've had little time to post here. What I was most looking forward to was seeing the Royal Family's faces during the ceremony. (Even more than seeing Meghan's dress which was underwhelming). I didn't really see a look of joy in their face. Many members weren't even looking at the bride and groom when they were saying their vows. Did any of you notice this?

@JBKO

???    I don't understand what you expected ......   They are British, not American, and at a solemn occasion in church.  The royals often have that stone face in place.  So what?    Should they have been giggling like idiots?    I'm guessing they were a lot more casual at the receptions.    

Respected Contributor

@bathina

Thank you for posting this family picture.  I think it is terriffic, and shows the love the entire family has for this wedding.  The smiles of all light up the picture. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

Queen Elizabeth almost always presents (in public) a stoic face.  She seldom shows emotion.  It's just what she does. Occasionally we get a glimpse of her real self in private moments.

I do not think I have a big smile on my face throughout weddings. (even those of family and the closest of friends)  It does not mean I am not following the ceremony nor does it mean I am not happy for the couple.

Contributor

I have to agree with you Cherry. I too noticed Charles' interactions with Doria and he looked very sincere not just doing it because he had to. We should give him credit when it is due. 

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom

thank you for posting this picture...It is priceless!  I hope that all the parents of the children in the wedding party get a copy of this one.

What a wonderful visual of the future of the country and hopefully the world.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet