Respected Contributor

Re: The Kardashian-Wests name son

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I imagine  the baby was named by Kim’s husband  Kanye, who is in a religious mania phase right now( bipolar).  Kim is by no means religious....I bet she does not even know one psalm.....  let alone what one is.  

How can you possibly know who is or is not religious?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I think a closer name would be to call him Saul---not Sam.

And some are going to be tempted (confused) by pronouncing the *P*, especially kids.

Reminds me of the Golden Girls episode when the 4 of them went to a funeral parlor and the undertaker's name was Pfieffer.  And he informed them to pronounce the *P*.

He makes a condescending remark and Sophia says she's going to punch him in the Pface. Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think it is rude of parents to name their children with crazy odd stupid names.  Give them a name they can be proud of. Not something weird.  It is a responsibilty of the parent to put a lot of thought into a name you are for the rest of your life.

Poor Blanket who's father was Michael Jackson... He does not even use that name now that he is an adult as it is so lame.......In 2015 after reportedly being bullied for years, he changed his name to Bigi.

Blanket was a nickname! His real name is the same as his bother's, Prince Michael.

@JaneMarple   Then why did he change his name?

Trusted Contributor

• South West
  • Best West
  • Nest West
  • Pest West
  • Test West
  • Zest West
  • Vest West

She has a whole lotta options right there.

They have used North, Chicago, Saint and now Psalm.  I think the entire group is off their rockers.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think it is rude of parents to name their children with crazy odd stupid names.  Give them a name they can be proud of. Not something weird.  It is a responsibilty of the parent to put a lot of thought into a name you are for the rest of your life.

Poor Blanket who's father was Michael Jackson... He does not even use that name now that he is an adult as it is so lame.......In 2015 after reportedly being bullied for years, he changed his name to Bigi.

Blanket was a nickname! His real name is the same as his bother's, Prince Michael.

@JaneMarple   Then why did he change his name?

@SeaMaiden  it's obviously another nickname!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

Just a few other unusual celebrity baby names..

Jason Lee’s son: Pilot Inspektor

David Duchovny and Tea Leoni’s son: Kyd

Jessica Simpson’s son: Ace Knute (ka-nute)

Holly Madison’s daughter: Rainbow Aurora

Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s daughter: Blue Ivy

Penn Jillette’s son and daughter: Moxie

CrimeFighter and Zolten

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz’s son: Bronx Mowgli

Forest Whitaker’s son: Ocean

Rachel Griffith’s son: Banjo

Erykah Badu’s son and daughters: Seven, Puma and Mars

Frank Zappa’s daughters and sons: Moon Unit, Diva, Dweezil, Ahmet

Jamie Oliver’s daughters and son: Poppy Honey, Daisy Boo, Petal Blossom Rainbow and Buddy Bear

John Mellencamp’s son: Speck Wildhorse

Rob Morrow’s daughter: Tu Morrow

Alicia Silverstone’s son: Bear Blue

Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter: Apple

Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale’s son: Zumma Nesta Rock, Apollo Bowie Flynn, Kingston James McGregor

Wow this is too funny!  thanks for posting....some of these parents must have been drunk while coming up with these names!!

Respected Contributor

After reading the long list of actor's children's names I became curious about Jason Lee's son since he is older now, 15.  He goes by Pilot Lee which isn't so strange.  What may be much more difficult for him is if his father has him enslaved into that so-called church.  Feel bad for that possibility.

Super Contributor

Different names are really not so unusual these days.  Children really don't think much of unusual names, they are just used to them these days.  I think choosing a name like Herman or Harvey is probably worse than a name like Pilot or Apple.  I also prefer it to trendy names like the "Game of Thrones" names that are popular now.  I also don't understand taking a popular name and changing up the spelling to try and make it different.  Just my opinion.   

These kids will be just fine.  They live where this is not a big deal.  

Honored Contributor

Psalm, Saint, North,  and Chicago.

I can't choose which is my favorite.Man Embarassed

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They probaly have the name trade mark on babys name now.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."