Respected Contributor

It snowed on the baby eagles last night, Big Bear, California 🦅🦅

[ Edited ]
It snowed on our baby eagles 🦅 last night Big Bear, California. Here’s the video: https://youtu.be/gXGMufhj6Vw Enjoy. Here’s the link for the live cam: https://youtu.be/5b2dUgK6VV4
Respected Contributor

Re: It snowed on the baby eagles last night, Big Bear, California 🦅🦅

What a wonderful mother eagle....they endure and take it in stride.  I watch our eagle cams here in DC area...truly amazing to be able to watch these wonderful creatures...

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the links.  Jackie and her mate chose a beautiful and scenic spot for their nest.  Interesting that it snowed so close to L.A. - only 50 or 60 miles away?

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thank you for the links.  Jackie and her mate chose a beautiful and scenic spot for their nest.  Interesting that it snowed so close to L.A. - only 50 or 60 miles away?

Yes, only in California can you go to the snow, the ocean and the desert in one day. Gotta love it.
Honored Contributor

It's good I'm not there or couldn't reach the nest, I'd be getting a blanket, maybe a roof for the nest and a little heater inside.  

Mother Nature knows how to take care of herself, but something inside of me always wants to help.  

Respected Contributor

Under the parent eagles feathers the temperature is around 104 degrees at anytime. So the baby eagles can stay warm, especially when they don’t have feathers yet.