Trusted Contributor

Re: The Kardashian-Wests name son

This entire family is nuts.  I cannot believe they are relevant in any way.  Why do people give them attention?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised they didn't name him West East.

West East West

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty 

Interesting and unique first names for the Kardashian, Jenner, West children. 

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden , I believe Kim might know a Psalm.  She tithes to her church.  Maybe she's religious in her own way.

Valued Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

West East West

@Daisy Sunflower  You've got me in stitches.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous!!  Don’t these people realize that their kids have to live with these names for the rest of their lives!! I just don’t get it.It reminds me of the Johnny Cash song “A boy named Sue”.

@NicksmomESQ, When naming children parents should take into consideration that the name will stay with the child throughout their life.  The name can be somewhat different, but not so different that it will elicit unpleasant reactions.  I agree with your post.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Frequent Contributor

Who cares?

Respected Contributor

When children become of age, they can certainly have their names changed legally.  It's up to them and not us.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

West East West

🤣 I was thinking this too. I was sitting here thinking of north south east  and west are left. 🤣 

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

It’s a lovely. musical word.

"psalm (n.):   Old English psealm, salm, partly from Old French psaume, saume, partly from Church Latin psalmus, from Greek psalmos “song sung to a harp," originally "performance on stringed instrument; a plucking of the harp" (compare psaltes "harper"), from psallein "play on a stringed instrument”."   

(etymonline.com)

One of my friends is a part of the late Frank Zappa’s family.   Some interesting names in their midst, but the family members I know -- including those in the extended family and not involved in entertainment industry -- are quite happy and doing just fine.  

I’m not sure that most people these days are bothered by unique names, particularly among those in creative arts.   Thinking back, my family has a mix of the basic, traditional names and those that some people might think were unusual.   I like the mix.   

Always, good wishes for this sweet tiny child.😊

@dooBdoo 

I'd say that Moon Unit was a far stranger name Cat LOL

P.S.  I met and had lunch with one of Zappa's band members years ago, in CA where my musician brother was living.  He was extremely nice!