Highlighted
Super Contributor
If you are a fan of Grape Nuts cereal you have noticed a shortage lately. They are even gone from Amazon except in huge quantities. No real explanation as I have researched this intensely. Just hoping my favorite cereal will return soon. I am in Pa and my best friend who likes them too is in Florida and she doesn’t have them either. Maybe a cereal killer is on the loose😆
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen a shortage here, in fact I got a couple of boxes on sale fairly recently.  Of course, I just opened a new box which means I need to go ahead and buy a new one.  Watch them not have them now.  

Respected Contributor

I buy generic Grape Nuts....the Kroger brand.  Much cheaper, tastes the same.  Just got two boxes a couple weeks ago.

I like to cover them with almond milk and microwave for a minute....then add some honey or a packet of Truvia.  Yum!  Hope they don't go missing on the shelves here.

Esteemed Contributor
I just googled and found this comment on Reddit from December. Looks like a few people have noticed!

We thank you for your comments regarding Post Grape-Nuts.

Due to a number of factors, we are currently experiencing a product shortage where we are not able to fill all orders for this item. We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. We have NOT discontinued this product however, it may take us a few months to resume full production and order fulfillment. Your interest in this product will be shared with our company.

Thank you again for your patience while we continue working hard to produce the products you enjoy.

Tammy,
Post Consumer Brands

Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:
If you are a fan of Grape Nuts cereal you have noticed a shortage lately. They are even gone from Amazon except in huge quantities. No real explanation as I have researched this intensely. Just hoping my favorite cereal will return soon. I am in Pa and my best friend who likes them too is in Florida and she doesn’t have them either. Maybe a cereal killer is on the loose😆

I have a suggestion or a substitute!!! I haven't been able to find them either!  I was looking for them and came across Kellogg All Bran Buds.  They looked similar on the box so I figured I would give them a try!  They are great--- in fact, I like them even better!  You might not like them as much, but if you can't find Grape Nuts, maybe they will be a suitable alternative until you do! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@gellen wrote:

@gellen  .... “cereal killer”  ....😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Respected Contributor

I recall being aware of a homemade Grape Nuts recipe.  It may have been from the Depression or WW2 era. I prefer cooked cereal in the Winter months . So Many cereals are not satisfying in that I am hungry  later, but Grape Nuts is one that takes longer to eat and does have a "stick to it ness"  I can name on one hand the cereals my Mother bought. Of course when not available one craves it more so hope you see it available soon.

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@gellen wrote:

@gellen  .... “cereal killer”  ....😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Ouch!!

Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:

@gellen 

Oooh!  Good one!  👍🤣

Honored Contributor

gonna be lots of constipated people.