Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Englishrose wrote:

I read that Michael Reagan did not attend the funeral as he was in China on business.  

What business would have been more important than the funeral of his beloved stepmother? Especially since he was in town the day she passed and took the time to criticize others on social media for not planning on attending the funeral?

Sounds "fishy" to me.

************  I don't know the answer to this but I can imagine these three kids having problems with each other as "sensitive" as they all seem about everything......especially when feelings are running high.  Again, I don't know.... but I suspect this is what it is.

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Englishrose wrote:

I read that Michael Reagan did not attend the funeral as he was in China on business.  

What business would have been more important than the funeral of his beloved stepmother? Especially since he was in town the day she passed and took the time to criticize others on social media for not planning on attending the funeral?

Sounds "fishy" to me.

Perhaps she was not beloved by him.

Respected Contributor

Proving once again, that funerals (or weddings) bring out the best or the worst, in people.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Re: The Funeral

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Englishrose wrote:

Sounds "fishy" to me.

Perhaps she was not beloved by him.

*************** Or perhaps he was asked not to come or felt he would not have been welcome and just thought it best to keep the peace.  I mean....you may be right...but I have seen people stay away from funerals for good reason.  Sometimes, for the sake of all concerned, it is the best decision.  Why can't we just give people the benefit of the doubt till we "know" differently????

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC political

Super Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Over the years I had read that the Reagan's great love for only each other made their children feel excluded or left out.  I always thought that was so sad.

I think it was also part of their generation to just give up trying to repair the relationship. Kids were expected to be seen and not heard.  You loved and cherished your parents.  

Trusted Contributor

I am not going to judge.  Rip Nancy Reagan.

Honored Contributor

@Lucibee wrote:

I am not going to judge.  Rip Nancy Reagan.

Too bad Michael didn't take your advice!

Esteemed Contributor

The fact that none of the Reagan children were close to their parents is very telling.  Not every mother (or father) is a good one.  It doesn't change when they pass away.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

The fact that none of the Reagan children were close to their parents is very telling.  Not every mother (or father) is a good one.  It doesn't change when they pass away.

***************  I agree that it's obvious there was a "lot of trouble in the camp" in this family.  Relationships were definitely out of proportion and not all that healthy. I feel that way about her and Ronnies relationship too.  In my opinion it was way too obsessive.

It does seem to me that Nancy tried to rectify some of her mistakes with her children later in life.  Not the ideal but better late than never.  Hopefully they had a chance to make up for some lost time and build some good memories before Nancy died.  I did feel that, to a degree, while what they said at her funeral shows some "coming to grips with it"....you could still sense the pain that has obviously been there for years.  I do think they tried to be honest.