Super Contributor

Re: The Dugger's wedding receptions

From Jill's wedding there were more than a thousand guests but in many churches the entire family including children are all included so that quickly adds to the numbers. My cousin's daughter was married this past September and no children were included just adults and plus one's were not encouraged. The show stated that instead of the traditional cake they would be serving ice cream. But they seem like a sweet young couple so I wish them much happiness as they start their marriage...
Honored Contributor

She's pretty and I like her dress. How are they living? Do they make money off of the show?

Respected Contributor

Wow, that was one BIG wedding!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I think she should have the wedding she wants and it's no one's business how many guests she has. Besides that TLC is paying for it.

Honored Contributor

I will just reaffirm what others here have said, sometimes it is entire churches that are invited to these types of weddings. I think it is fine, if people want to do that. They are supporting the new couple, and the institution of marriage, and that wasn't such a bad thing in days gone by.

I think more weddings need to have cake and punch in the church rec hall. I'm totally disgusted at the 'show' that weddings have become. The obscene amount of money spent, the sometimes years of planning, the over the top stress and striving for perfection to the point half the family is angry with each other. All just for more than half of the marriages to end in divorce anyway. No thanks.

Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2015 brii said:

No, I didn't watch.

I cannot even wrap my head around having that many people to a wedding.

I wouldn't feel right about having so many people volunteer to throw a wedding for someone in my family either.

Is it a wedding or a circus?

Yet another creep factor to these people...........sorry, ok no I'm not, lol.

Honored Contributor

Sydney, {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

I find it creepy that their first kiss is a main spectacle of the wedding. Parents, brothers, sisters, and a big church full of people all gawking at them having their first kiss.

Sad, really. A first kiss should be sweet ... and private.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

I love Jessa's dress! The bridesmaid dresses..not so much, but the color was pretty.

I have been to a few very big weddings, where just cake and punch was served. Almost anyone could attend, and the bride was a high school teacher of mine...so no...we weren't close! But most of the girls she taught went to the wedding. Along with everyone from her church, as well as family and friends. So yes, there were lots of people there!

And not everyone who goes to a wedding like this brings gifts. I know that none of the high school girls did.

Super Contributor

I don't know why these kids are on magazine covers and stuff, because they were born? The dad is creepy, and the wife is a machine.