Honored Contributor

Re: The Dugger's wedding receptions

Thank you, cranberries, I started to post that but I wanted one with Jessa in the dress- sure is gorgeous and flows so nice ... the model does look gorgeous.

Thank you, peteypetey. Just wanted to make sure it was okay with you. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

Beautiful gown!
Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2015 petepetey said:
On 2/25/2015 Suziepeach said:

Her dress was beautiful. Hope you don't mind my posting this pic, OP, if so I'll be happy to delete.

Happy to see it! It's a lovely gown and it looks great on her. I didn't care for the peachy bridesmaids dresses though.

Loved it when they were telling Jess they didn't like the dresses- she said they could all return them and get what they wanted but she thought they'd wear it... Just plain and can be worn everyday. I believe they were $49.95 each, they showed a brief view of the dress online..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

So I guess you've never been to an Indian wedding?
Honored Contributor

900 people?

Probably four of five of their closest friends' families!

Honored Contributor

If memory serves me, Jessa said Jill had like 1200 or 1300 at their wedding...

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

I think she is lovely and her dress is beautiful.

As for 900 guests, I read the entire congregation as well as "related" congregations in other states were invited. It is one of their beliefs (so I've read) they are brothers and sisters in faith.

Super Contributor

They invite lotsa people to get lotsa presents and enough volunteers and donations to pay for everything!

Super Contributor

I've actually been to more weddings that didn't have cocktails and dancing than did. It's a religious thing.

Now, I've NEVER been to a wedding that's anywhere near that huge. That's a massive amount of people.

Honored Contributor

Wow, love the dress. Don't like the bridesmaids dresses, though. (not that it matters what I think)

I don't watch this show for a variety of reasons, but I am with most here that there is no way I could come up with a guest list of 900 people!

Sounds like a big ol' gift grab to me. Smiley Happy