Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Moonchilde, that is beautiful-- those varied, layered blues!

Noel7, what great, luschious foaming surf in that photo!  By the way-- nice to see you.  I think maybe i've missed your posts recently...

@Oznell, when I was standing there taking the photo it didn't look real to me. It was a travel poster day - just almost exactly a year ago.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Moonchilde, I wonder if your skill as a photgrapher could somehow figure into your prospective volunteer projects...

Honored Contributor

Re: The Deep Blue Sea...

[ Edited ]

san-clemente-pier.jpg

San Clemente....my hood.  The best drive ever is along the coast from Northern to Southern California.....just breathtaking!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

san-clemente-pier.jpg

San Clemente....my hood.  The best drive ever is along the coast from Northern to Southern California.....just breathtaking!

I know it's different now, but many years ago when driving to San Diego, San Clemente was the last 'civilization' before you got there.

Honored Contributor

Oh, MickD, that's so glam looking.  I'd like to be Lee Remick speeding along the coastal road with Ben Gazzara or someone in tow...

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde There are many pics of the town from the 50's and earlier....just amazing!  It still has that small town feel....except for the blasted outlet mall on the outskirts....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Oznell it literally looks like that today! ...some great whites added though!!!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Moonchilde, I wonder if your skill as a photgrapher could somehow figure into your prospective volunteer projects...

It's possible, @Oznell, but it would depend. I really love taking photographs, but wouldn't want any "pressure" attached to it. I have a good eye, but not a professional eye (or a professional camera/DSLR). I know there's a woman who volunteers photos at the SPCA, who is a professional. 

A lot of my photos are a lot of luck. For every decent sea otter photo I get, for example, I delete two dozen where I just clicked the shutter at the wrong second, or someone got in my way ;-(