Honored Contributor

Quick question for Twitter users

I am not a formal Twitter user but do scan through some folks messages throughout the day.  What I liked is that at the left side of the screen were folks that perhaps you may also like or were linked to them via their work affiliation.  Sometime between this morning and just now I have lost that information so my question is to Twitter users is that function still there or is that something I may have to look into signing up for to get it restored as it really opened me up to several people I probably would have never found on my own.

Any information provided will be greatly appreciated! . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick question for Twitter users

are you on the app or on a computer?

on my lefthand side of the screen are the things that are "trending" either via subject matter or hashtag. what you see depends on what your area setting is. right now mine is set to my city.

i have to go and look at my app.

i am not sure i have ever seen people i search or work with on the left hand side of my main page.

when you go to a page of a business or person that you might folow you will see "followers you know" on that page.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

are you on the app or on a computer?

on my lefthand side of the screen are the things that are "trending" either via subject matter or hashtag. what you see depends on what your area setting is. right now mine is set to my city.

i have to go and look at my app.

i am not sure i have ever seen people i search or work with on the left hand side of my main page.

when you go to a page of a business or person that you might folow you will see "followers you know" on that page.

Oh thanks so much @sunshine45 no I am just on my laptop so no app.  I just stop in throughout the day to see what people are talking about or sometimes these conversations direct me to great articles or folks I had never heard of before.

I still have the "trending" feature but for me there used to be a small group of folks that were affiliated with each other (say CNN, Foxnews, NYT, etc.) that is no longer there in a small, separate category.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and your help as I very much appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

go to the CNN twitter page. then check out the lefthand side of the page. you should see "followers you know." not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@momtochloe

go to the CNN twitter page. then check out the lefthand side of the page. you should see "followers you know." not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for though.

Thanks for this @sunshine45 but it's still not there . . . I have a feeling they made a change to encourage folks like me to sign up and then that option would be available.  To be honest, I don't want to sign up as I am not big on social media and shame on me for even saying that as I have no problem skimming through their feeds throughout the day . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sigh . . . ok never mind it's back (the category is called You May Also Like) . . . again @sunshine45 thanks for all your help!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hey, mtc!  I am signed up on Twitter and sometimes I see recommendations for "people to follow" and sometimes I don't (on my page).  I don't have any personal info on my page, not like some people do.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  

When I signed up I had the option to scroll through topics and interests to see who I might want to follow, and that was helpful  I add and delete as I hang around there.  

Wish I could be of more help.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Hey, mtc!  I am signed up on Twitter and sometimes I see recommendations for "people to follow" and sometimes I don't (on my page).  I don't have any personal info on my page, not like some people do.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  

When I signed up I had the option to scroll through topics and interests to see who I might want to follow, and that was helpful  I add and delete as I hang around there.  

Hi @QueenDanceALot, I was going to sign up for Twitter just to follow a couple of people but they wanted an email address which of course was too much work for me to create so I decided to stalk them anonymously . . . Smiley Happy

Quick question, did you use a regular email address to sign up or did you create a throwaway?  Sorry but I have become so paranoid these days as my knowledge of social media is very stunted due to my insistence to be so . . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Hi @QueenDanceALot, I was going to sign up for Twitter just to follow a couple of people but they wanted an email address which of course was too much work for me to create so I decided to stalk them anonymously . . . Smiley Happy

Quick question, did you use a regular email address to sign up or did you create a throwaway?  Sorry but I have become so paranoid these days as my knowledge of social media is very stunted due to my insistence to be so . . . . Smiley Happy

@Good Morning, @momtochloe!  

I used my real email address.  No problems with it so far.  I don't spend much time there but I like to keep up with some people's thoughts on a few different  topics, local, national and international.  

I don't see why you couldn't use a throwaway email address, but I am no expert on that stuff so maybe I'm wrong.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Good Morning, @momtochloe!  

I used my real email address.  No problems with it so far.  I don't spend much time there but I like to keep up with some people's thoughts on a few different  topics, local, national and international.  

I don't see why you couldn't use a throwaway email address, but I am no expert on that stuff so maybe I'm wrong.

you could create a twitter only address, but then there is just one more address to keep track off. 

I tried twitter a few years ago,  I love SM but I found that for me, it was not much use.  If you have a product or service it could be great.  I also found that as soon as I signed up I got dodgy followers,