Honored Contributor

Re: The Days Are Getting Shorter!

I love spring, summer, fall.  The older I get the more I hate winters.  I don't rush the seasons, I enjoy them as they come.   I'm not looking foward to fall but I am not dreading it either.  It does come every year like clock work.  I like fall decorating, I'm a traditionalist so don't jump into Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving.  My fall decorations are up from mid September until after Thanksgiving so I do some planning,  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Always autumn.  Temperatures drop, the air is crisp, the leaves turn colors and the trees and plants begin to nap.

In New Mexico, it's time to roast green chile and get ready for the balloon fiesta.  Just 32 days to go!

Balloon Fiesta

Balloon Fiesta

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I love autumn. Here in mid-Michigan it lasts about two weeks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

Im in Texas and noticed its getting darker earlier...I hate Summer and the heat and humidity! And I like standard time ---And I dont care for that HOT summer sun which dosn't set until almost 9PM at night! Woman Frustrated

I DO like fall because the temperatures are cooler, and I love the fall decor....and we do have some trees with leaves that change colors...and there's FOOTBALL! Woman Very Happy

BUT my favorite season is WINTER!!! Here in Texas that's more like what the fall weather is like in the northeast..... I love wearing cozy clothes, cuddling up with a fluffy throw (or should I say fighting with my cats on who gets the throw Cat LOL), comfort foods, and the crisp cool air! 

Image result for cozy living room with fireplace

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I love summer - I guess because I love the extra daylight.  In Michigan, we can actually have 6 months of snow!  Winter is WAY too long, cloudy, cold, long dangerous commutes to/from work.  With that said, I do love a cozy fire going, a crisp navy blue sky with a light snow falling.  I guess when all is said/done, I like things about all of the seasons, but winter is my least favorite.  Too dark, long and my skin gets dry!    

Honored Contributor

Do people really not realize that this happens every single year?   The longest daylight day is June 21, first day of summer.  The shortest is Dec 21, the first day of winter.

I like winter, but wouldn't mind more daylight.  As to the 'time change' we deal with in most states, I really wish they would put the kibosh on that and just pick one.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt Loved the picture and thanks for the reply.  You know I used to think it would be good to have houses in several states.

Like I used to think if I won the lottery and had millions and millions (lots and lots of millions) of dollars I'd buy a small condo in New York city just so I could go to the plays often.  But I wouldn't want to live there other than that.

Then I'd buy a place somewhere I could go in the Winter but more like January through end of March (Va gets most of it's snow in mid January early February....)  Don't care for a lot of snow.

Then I'd still need somewhere else to go in the summer.  It's as hot as (well...you know) in Va usually in July and August and until mid September.  

Good grief!  I'd have to buy my own plane so I could fly around to these places.

Actually my husband and his business partner owned 2 planes (19 passenger planes) that they rented out to a commuter company.  His business partner got his license and flew his own small plane.  My husband said he'd rather take the big planes (Ha).  But my son-in-law has his own plane that he flies places.

Anyway, whatever.  Phew!  My brain hurts from thinking how I'd spend all this newly won money and flying everywhere!  Ha!

If my husband was alive we'd have a place in Florida to go to.  He'd finally convinced me to buy a place down near the developments we built there.  He died the day before he was due to leave to go finish a house he was working on.

Life gives us all of these twists and turns.  Actually, if I wanted to I could get a house down there.  I have an old business partner whom is still in real estate.  Just don't have the will to want to do it anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

So sorry to hear about your husband's passing just before he was due to leave.  Woman Sad

Yes, it would be nice to own several houses to take advantage of the best of the seasons we enjoy, and to help avoid certain aspects of seasons we dont like.......

Many snowbirds come to Texas and reside in Brownsville, to escape winter and the snow.... (Im not overly fond of Brownsville myself and their weather, differs greatly from ours---too warm for me)

Id stay here in the Spring to see all the beautiful wildflowers, Id love the Fall in New England, Id like to see a little bit snow for the Christmas season--not sure where that would be---but move along right after New Years....Id have a house where its still cool in the summer---dont like the heat/humidity.  

So many possibilities---- now if we can just win the Lottery and buy all these houses Smiley Wink   Of course like you said---all the moving around might be a hassle too Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Annabellethecat66

Im in Texas and noticed its getting darker earlier...I hate Summer and the heat and humidity! And I like standard time ---And I dont care for that HOT summer sun which dosn't set until almost 9PM at night! Woman Frustrated

I DO like fall because the temperatures are cooler, and I love the fall decor....and we do have some trees with leaves that change colors...and there's FOOTBALL! Woman Very Happy

BUT my favorite season is WINTER!!! Here in Texas that's more like what the fall weather is like in the northeast..... I love wearing cozy clothes, cuddling up with a fluffy throw (or should I say fighting with my cats on who gets the throw Cat LOL), comfort foods, and the crisp cool air! 

Image result for cozy living room with fireplace

@Spurt  Is this room in you house?  I love it!!

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Fall is my fav time of year.  Cool and crisp air.  No heavy winter coats yet.  No snow.  Just cool weather to enjoy.  Not a fan of spring or summer.  The pollen drives me crazy (and it gets everywhere in the house when you open windows) and the summer is way too hot (not a fan of humidity).