Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Days Are Getting Shorter!

Spring is my favorite season.  Everything comes to life again. 

Trusted Contributor

I hate seeing Summer go, especially this summer since we had rain so many days. I dread Fall, not because I dislike the weather so much but because it means Winter is coming and I hate that! I should have been a Southerner.

Respected Contributor

I love summer and early fall. The hot weather and the long days and being out of school, it was just a continuous day of fun! BBQ's, going to the beach, playing Barbie Dolls. Then changing to fall, leaves falling, carving pumpkins, halloween, a fire in the fireplace. Even as I grew up aside from the dolls, the scents still the same and so are feelings. I love this time of year and hold on to each day as long as I can.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

Fall is my favorite season.  Love the cool, crisp air and the changing leaves.

This summer in NYC has been rainy, and humid with 90+ temps.   I don't like summer and am glad it is almost over.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

It's September 2nd and I've been noticing here on the East Coast the days are slowly getting shorter.

The sun's still out but it's a late day sun (6:41 PM).  The evenings are getting a little cooler.

Who's looking forward to the cooler days.  I love the Fall weather.

My oldest daughter spends every weekend she can at a beach, any beach!  That girl loves the heat and the ocean.

My youngest daughter loves the mountains.  She just got back from traveling from Denver to California for 2 weeks.  

The middle daughter lives in Florida, so I guess the heat doesn't bother her either.

Anyway, I'm curious, what's your favorite season and why?

Yes, I live in the midwest and days are getting shorter..and the leaves are changing...there's a coolness in the air! I LOVE the Fall...so tired of the heat and humidity! One of my sons loves to visit Asia and plans on living there..he likes the heat and humidity! Go figure! My other sons dislike the heat too..! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Along with the shorter days, we saw trees starting to change color on our vacation up north.

Honored Contributor

I'm a romantic.  I love cooler weather.  And I love the night.  So I would say that I like late fall and early winter.  Not too scorching hot and not freezing cold.  It's okey with me for the nights to start early.  

Honored Contributor

SUMMER! SUMMER!  SUMMER!

I hate spring because of the tornadoes.  I hate winter because of the cold and the damp and the wind.  I don't care for fall because there is too much dark for me.  It really depresses me when football starts and I know fall's here.

Honored Contributor

We all get our favorite season at some point during the year. When its time for the next season, we just have to make do with what we get, until our turn comes around again, and it will

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I welcome fall with open arms. I like summer, but am so over the excessive heat. I'm ready for: a visit to the cider mill, the beautiful colors of trees, the cool crisp air, wearing tights, denim jackets, sweaters, cozy throw blankets, pumpkins, cooking comfort foods like beef stew, chicken soup, etc.Smiley Very Happy