Honored Contributor

🐓 The Chicken has Landed 🐓

My market finally had chicken this AM. Cooking will be much easier now.  The store was pretty well stocked except for paper towels and pasta, however there was a little of each.  My only issue was there were no lo-salt tomatoes or beans.  Cleaning products, including dish liquid were pretty much cleaned out.  The store wasn' crowded and everyone was masked and respectful of social distancing. It is so much better than WalMart, which is a zoo.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

Re: 🐓 The Chicken has Landed 🐓

If this pandemic has taught me anything it’s how to cut my dependency on Walmart.  Since I’m over 65  I can shop my local Publix between 7-8 am on Tues & Wed and it’s pretty well stocked and no crowds. We are all masked and stick to the 6’ rule. I may continue this even after all the restrictions are lifted.

Honored Contributor

I went to my local Trader Joe's yesterday during their senior hour.  Plenty of chicken, ground beef, et.  They are so well stocked when you go first thing in the morning during their senior hour.  The downsize is that it's best to go there early and wait for their 8AM opening, since a line forms quickly.  However, the long line isn't as bad as it sounds, considering social distancy.

I'm good for about 3 weeks at least.  Just pray that we don't have any power outages that would impact my freezer!!!!!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I never was a big WM shopper, and now have zero desire to go there. My Aldi and small grocery store have supplied us well for seven weeks and I plan to remain loyal to them.

Honored Contributor

Hard to believe dish soap would be hard to come by. Glad when I shop I buy half dozen of everything we use a lot of so I won't have to go back to the store. If things ever get back to normal I'm going to start buying other things by the case. Already buy toilet cleaner & tp by the case.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My market finally had chicken this AM. Cooking will be much easier now.  The store was pretty well stocked except for paper towels and pasta, however there was a little of each.  My only issue was there were no lo-salt tomatoes or beans.  Cleaning products, including dish liquid were pretty much cleaned out.  The store wasn' crowded and everyone was masked and respectful of social distancing. It is so much better than WalMart, which is a zoo.

@QVCkitty1 Your post set my mind on chicken and I just ordered delivery dinner through a GrubHub. Thank you.