Esteemed Contributor

Title This Thread

[ Edited ]

5-year-old stopped for 'impaired driving' in Utah after mom wouldn't buy him Lamborghini

OGDEN, Utah (KUTV) — A 5-year-old boy from Utah tried to make a trip to California in his parents' vehicle after getting into an argument with his mom about a Lamborghini, authorities say.

Utah Highway Patrol says a trooper stopped the boy Monday afternoon on a state highway in Ogden, north of Salt Lake City, because he thought the driver was impaired.

It turned out to be the boy, who authorities say told them he left home after an argument with mom in which she told him she wouldn't buy him a Lamborghini.

"He decided to take the car and got to California to buy one himself," authorities said.

He might have been short on the purchase amount "as he only had $3 dollars in his wallet," a tweet from Utah Highway Patrol says.

The trooper who is working the case is still investigating by talking to the boy's parents and gathering evidence for potential charges.

It's unclear if the parents would be charged alone, or with their son. It's also unclear if the boy would alone face any charges. UHP says all they are still working the case before announcing any charges.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Wow, good parenting---NOT!    Why was a 5-yr-old left unsupervised allowing him to get in the car and drive away?

Respected Contributor

I'm titling this thread, "THE TWILIGHT ZONE".

Ba Ba Ba Ba....Ba Ba Ba Ba

Respected Contributor

Ummm...fake news?

Respected Contributor

so it's a fake story?  Not nice OP!  lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Title This Thread

[ Edited ]

Local Five-Year-Old Has Champagne Tastes and Unusually Long Legs

Lack of Local Lamborghini Dealerships Fractures Utah Family

A Cute Story from Elon Musk's Childhood

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Title This Thread

[ Edited ]

The parents may have thought that they were keeping the keys in a safe place. I mean, how many of us always put our keys in the same place? I know that I do. Besides, what parent would think, "Gee, my kid might get it in to their head to drive to another state."?

I'd cut the parents a little slack, because kids can do all sorts of things when the parents aren't looking, and no parent can keep an eye on their kid 24/7.

Sorry, but all parents must sleep at some point, plus, go to the bathroom, take a shower, etc.

Unless the kid is physically chained to you, there is just no way for a parent to keep a kid under supervision 24 hours a day.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

My Title

Judgement Impaired Parents Can't Blame their Stupidity on Covid 19 or Killer Wasps .

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

so it's a fake story?  Not nice OP!  lol

https://i1.wp.com/media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/EXMgu0zUcAQJBQI.jpg?w=1600&ssl=1

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Not fake