Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Turns out the boy will be 6 next month, but he's the size of a 9 year old. It's in his genes.  His teenage sister was supposed to be watching him while the parents were at work.  She took a nap and the kid took the car.  His pass time is watching videos of race cars on you tube.  So yesterday a sympathetic dude who owns a Lambo took the kid for a ride in a real car.  The kid got to live his dream and has something to work forward to.

I will give the parents a pass on the taking of the car since both were at work so had no idea what was going on.  However, if I were the parent the daughter would be punished for not watching the boy as she was charged to do and there is no way on earth the boy would have been allowed to go for a ride in the Lambo and live his dream.  Allowing that truly sends the wrong message.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Title This Thread

[ Edited ]

The parents should already have an idea of how responsible or irresponsible the teenage sister is....and with that in mind, as parents, I would have hidden any car keys, especially with this kid's interest in cars and especially since he had an argument with his mom about cars and the Lamborghini....(and I'd also put away anything else that might be harmful to  this younger precocious brother)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I have a hunch that the teenage sister takes the car periodically without permission and probably let's the boy "drive" if he doesn't tell on her.

Respected Contributor

It's a dreadful story. I'm sure it's not the last time this kid will make bad news.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Turns out the boy will be 6 next month, but he's the size of a 9 year old. It's in his genes.  His teenage sister was supposed to be watching him while the parents were at work.  She took a nap and the kid took the car.  His pass time is watching videos of race cars on you tube.  So yesterday a sympathetic dude who owns a Lambo took the kid for a ride in a real car.  The kid got to live his dream and has something to work forward to.

The "sympathetic dude" needs to stay out of it. He's rewarding the kid's defiant behavior.

Honored Contributor

Dysfunctional family.