Honored Contributor

The Balcony Will Never Be the Same

I'm watching the coverage of the Queen's hearse going to Buckingham Palace.

They are showing the balcony.

How many times have we seen her with her family waving from the balcony? The last time we saw her was this past summer for her 70th Jubilee. I remember her standing next to Prince Louis.

It will be strange to see the others there without her. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Balcony Will Never Be the Same

Not for me.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Not for me.

No reply would have worked. 

Honored Contributor

Me, either.   It will be interesting to see the changes, although I doubt I will ever look kindly upon Camilla.  The king and queen consort ... two adulterers who are now revered ....  so much for the moral high ground in England these days.  

Esteemed Contributor

For me, as well, the balcony won’t seem the same.  Along with the Queen, a few other people have left and won’t be back.

Trusted Contributor

I will miss seeing the Queen and how vibrant she always looked in her bright frocks and hats.

I don't think there will be much interest in the new King and Queen, but there is still plenty of interest in William and Kate and the kids.

Just for that, the balcony will still be something to see! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Me, either.   It will be interesting to see the changes, although I doubt I will ever look kindly upon Camilla.  The king and queen consort ... two adulterers who are now revered ....  so much for the moral high ground in England these days.  

Omg....   When in history did England of all places ever occupy anyone's high ground....lol.  The balcony scene will continue with A new king and his queen Consort who have the support, respect and affection of the people.  Perhaps you have lived a perfect life, with no mistakes, beyond reproachment but those of us who are human have made mistakes and we can forgive just as we were forgiven.

Frequent Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  That was an eternity ago.   They have been married for 17 years!!!   Their spouses at the time were not saints either.   

Honored Contributor

Maybe Camilla will adopt Elizabeth's practice of wearing bold, bright colors so she's easily seen by the hoi polloi.

Respected Contributor

I'm 68 and have never seen the balcony without the Queen.  No, it won't be the same and I'll miss seeing her.  On a positive note I will still get to see the future with William and Catherine & their beautiful children.