Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Amber Heard should be ashamed of herself...

[ Edited ]

So true @Tinkrbl44.

Another truth is that we will likely never know what truly happened as this will probably be settled out of court and far from the madding crowd.

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

They are BOTH a piece of work....  

Talent worth millions?  Hardly.

@Q4u

she has made 35 films and numerous TV shows.  It adds up, like it or not?

Honored Contributor

@Northray

• You really seem to know nothing about the subjects at hand.  Let me give you just one example: A woman who is bi is NOT a lesbian.
Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

They are BOTH a piece of work....  

Talent worth millions?  Hardly.

@Q4u

she has made 35 films and numerous TV shows.  It adds up, like it or not?

Take a look at the 35 films she made - NOTHING noteworthy - B rated actress.

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Northray

• You really seem to know nothing about the subjects at hand.  Let me give you just one example: A woman who is bi is NOT a lesbian.

TY, Noel 24/7.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@SusieQ_2

We don't know if there was prior abuse or not.  You can't claim that.  Most women DO NOT come forward, we know that.  We have to wait and see.

And many women do come forward and many leave their abuser. Since Johnny has never been accused of beating any woman, I tend to think of that past behavior as a pretty reliable indicator of who he is.

That said, anything is possible. I'm not trying to be unreasonable. 

As far as waiting, we shouldn't be holding our breath. It's highly unlikely this will ever go to court. 

And a litte OT...nice to see you Noel. We haven't spoken for a while. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Northray wrote:

First let me preface this by saying that I do think there was fighting, and screaming and throwing of stuff.  Depp being a man, he may have grabbed her more violently then he intended or pushed her away more violently then he intended.  And we must remember that when you are fueled by drugs and alcohol (in Depp's case) you will be more re-active and non-caring. 

Okay, so having put that out there.  At what point does a women of 2016 say, "screw you - I'm out of here?"  I mean to say this is not 1965 or 85.  Women know all there is to know in modern psychology about the in's and out's of partner violence.  There is just no excuse to stay in a violent relationship anymore - at least not in the United States.  Current women  chose to stay because their current needs over weigh everything else.  At some point if women want to be taken seriously and equally along side men then we must also be responsible for our behaviour and our CHOICES.  And that means getting no passes when we chose to stay in bad relationships. 

I agree with you, and now she claims she was abused for four years. She only married him fifteen months ago! She's also been recorded saying that not only is he an amazing actor, but a truly good person. An opinion, it should be noted, is also shared by women from his past as well as his daughter.

It's interesting to me that a man who has had numerous previous relationships in which there was never any physical abuse whatsoever suddenly becomes Mike Tyson. Would Charlie Sheen's exes come to his defense? I don't think so.

Right.  It doesn't add up.  Amber Heard knows better.  She's not of the 50's generation.  She's been educated in the United States where abuse towards women since the the 50's time has been a researched to death and brought to the surface issue.  On University Campuses it's all about women NOT tolerating abuse from anyone.  In a industry like Hollywood where they claim a progressive philosophy, it ludicrous to think she is a victim and when really she's more of a co-dependent.  If she made the choice whether for love or money, or betterment of her career - that's on her!        

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Esteemed Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

They've been together for 6 years.  Maybe he is a tantrum thrower when he gets mad.  He trashed a hotel room in a tantrum when he was with Kate Moss.  Maybe his drinking and druggin got progressively worse and he became more volatile.  Maybe they both stayed because they loved each other and as most humans do, hoped that things would get better. Maybe the phone throwing, which ended up hitting her was the last straw.

His era of Kate Moss was a  lifetime ago! If anything, Johnny has calmed down over the years.

No one is even mentioning that Amber made all these accusations jsut when Johnny's mother passed away- when he was his most vulnerable,  emotionally. If it turns out the accusations are bogus, this says  a lot about her character. 

Honored Contributor

@Northray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Northray wrote:

First let me preface this by saying that I do think there was fighting, and screaming and throwing of stuff.  Depp being a man, he may have grabbed her more violently then he intended or pushed her away more violently then he intended.  And we must remember that when you are fueled by drugs and alcohol (in Depp's case) you will be more re-active and non-caring. 

Okay, so having put that out there.  At what point does a women of 2016 say, "screw you - I'm out of here?"  I mean to say this is not 1965 or 85.  Women know all there is to know in modern psychology about the in's and out's of partner violence.  There is just no excuse to stay in a violent relationship anymore - at least not in the United States.  Current women  chose to stay because their current needs over weigh everything else.  At some point if women want to be taken seriously and equally along side men then we must also be responsible for our behaviour and our CHOICES.  And that means getting no passes when we chose to stay in bad relationships. 

@Northray

That sounds like 1950.

No, women are not responsible for being victims of abuse.  We don't know if Amber is or is not an abuse victim.

Speaking of psychology, you might want to read up on the psych of abuse victims, MEN & women.  Many stay as a result of continued emotional abuse.

You do know there are also male abuse victims, I would hope.  Funny, you only addressed your criticisms toward women.

I realize you baby boomers have a lot of fear about the horrible 1950's (being fasctious) but that's over and done with.  Lessons learned.  

That you assume that I haven't being educated on the subjuct is just silly, in light of all the education women get today in every aspect of our lives on how NOT to stay in an abusive relationship.  We are trained how NOT to stay when we are being abused, either by men or women.  Today's woman is all about empowerment.  Amber Heard was in a lesbian relationship before Depp, she knows, as all women of today know what it means to be in a good and bad relationship.

I addressed women because we are addressing Amber Heard's (a woman) decision to stay in an alleged abused relationship.  

@Northray

I don't know where you got your information, but if that were true,  why are there still so many calls made every day to violence hotlines ....  and why are there still so many women in abusive relationships?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Tell you where my mind has gone, I didn't even know he remarried!!  LOL! 

What!!!!!

Cute surprised faces of fluffy cats (PHOTOS) : Funny : BOOMSbeat