Valued Contributor

Re: That Amber Heard should be ashamed of herself...

@Noel7 wrote:

@Northray

• You really seem to know nothing about the subjects at hand.  Let me give you just one example: A woman who is bi is NOT a lesbian.

Her partner was a lesbian.  And why are you so combative on the subject and attacking?  She was with a woman before Depp - a male.  So she knows something about being with both sexes.  Which I think might make her a little more savvy about sex and realtionships - which is to say that she is not a 1950's sheltered woman with no knowledge of being in relationships.     

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Northray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Northray wrote:

First let me preface this by saying that I do think there was fighting, and screaming and throwing of stuff.  Depp being a man, he may have grabbed her more violently then he intended or pushed her away more violently then he intended.  And we must remember that when you are fueled by drugs and alcohol (in Depp's case) you will be more re-active and non-caring. 

Okay, so having put that out there.  At what point does a women of 2016 say, "screw you - I'm out of here?"  I mean to say this is not 1965 or 85.  Women know all there is to know in modern psychology about the in's and out's of partner violence.  There is just no excuse to stay in a violent relationship anymore - at least not in the United States.  Current women  chose to stay because their current needs over weigh everything else.  At some point if women want to be taken seriously and equally along side men then we must also be responsible for our behaviour and our CHOICES.  And that means getting no passes when we chose to stay in bad relationships. 

@Northray

That sounds like 1950.

No, women are not responsible for being victims of abuse.  We don't know if Amber is or is not an abuse victim.

Speaking of psychology, you might want to read up on the psych of abuse victims, MEN & women.  Many stay as a result of continued emotional abuse.

You do know there are also male abuse victims, I would hope.  Funny, you only addressed your criticisms toward women.

I realize you baby boomers have a lot of fear about the horrible 1950's (being fasctious) but that's over and done with.  Lessons learned.  

That you assume that I haven't being educated on the subjuct is just silly, in light of all the education women get today in every aspect of our lives on how NOT to stay in an abusive relationship.  We are trained how NOT to stay when we are being abused, either by men or women.  Today's woman is all about empowerment.  Amber Heard was in a lesbian relationship before Depp, she knows, as all women of today know what it means to be in a good and bad relationship.

I addressed women because we are addressing Amber Heard's (a woman) decision to stay in an alleged abused relationship.  

@Northray

I don't know where you got your information, but if that were true,  why are there still so many calls made every day to violence hotlines ....  and why are there still so many women in abusive relationships?

Because despite all the education on why not to stay in abusive relationships.  Women are still CHOOSING to stay in abusive relationship.  Choice.  You can't have it both ways.  At some point anyone whether it be a woman or man who stays in an abusive realtionnship has to own up to why THEY are making that CHOICE. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Trusted Contributor

@Northray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Northray

• You really seem to know nothing about the subjects at hand.  Let me give you just one example: A woman who is bi is NOT a lesbian.

Her partner was a lesbian.  And why are you so combative on the subject and attacking?  She was with a woman before Depp - a male.  So she knows something about being with both sexes.  Which I think might make her a little more savvy about sex and realtionships - which is to say that she is not a 1950's sheltered woman with no knowledge of being in relationships.     

Because Noel 24/7 is an EXPERT on every topic.

Valued Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Maudelynn wrote:

They've been together for 6 years.  Maybe he is a tantrum thrower when he gets mad.  He trashed a hotel room in a tantrum when he was with Kate Moss.  Maybe his drinking and druggin got progressively worse and he became more volatile.  Maybe they both stayed because they loved each other and as most humans do, hoped that things would get better. Maybe the phone throwing, which ended up hitting her was the last straw.

His era of Kate Moss was a  lifetime ago! If anything, Johnny has calmed down over the years.

No one is even mentioning that Amber made all these accusations jsut when Johnny's mother passed away- when he was his most vulnerable,  emotionally. If it turns out the accusations are bogus, this says  a lot about her character. 

You know that Johnny has calmed down?  He's recently appeared on a talk show looking and acting like he was drunk.  Amber made these accusations after Depp returned to their home after his mother died.  It was there they had the alleged altercation after which she sought a restraining order.  He hadn't been in the home for a month.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Valued Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@Northray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Northray

Because Noel 24/7 is an EXPERT on every topic.

I have nothing but sympathy for women who are from a generation, culture, or twisted religious belief (of which Amber Heard was not any of) that tolerates abuse from one sex towards another.  But once again this America 2016, women of today do know better.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@SusieQ_2

We don't know if there was prior abuse or not.  You can't claim that.  Most women DO NOT come forward, we know that.  We have to wait and see.

And many women do come forward and many leave their abuser. Since Johnny has never been accused of beating any woman, I tend to think of that past behavior as a pretty reliable indicator of who he is.

That said, anything is possible. I'm not trying to be unreasonable. 

As far as waiting, we shouldn't be holding our breath. It's highly unlikely this will ever go to court. 

And a litte OT...nice to see you Noel. We haven't spoken for a while. Smiley Happy

It's always nice to see you, too, @SusieQ_2 Smiley Happy

And I totally agree witf you that anything is possible.

Esteemed Contributor

The comment about Noel was uncalled for. This is a topic that tends to get a little heated due to differences of opinions, but as adults, we should treat each other with respect. 

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, we are one of the boards with a resident troll.

Thank you my friend, @SusieQ_2

Honored Contributor

@Northray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Northray

I am not attacking.

Please look up the meaning of the term bisexual.  It is NOT the same as lesbian.

@Northray@         @Ronnyra

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Unfortunately, we are one of the boards with a resident troll.

Thank you my friend, @SusieQ_2

I think you're right about that. Have a good night and I'll see you around Smiley Happy