Esteemed Contributor

They are precious, so beautiful.

I was wondering, @MamaWick, do you ever find antlers when the deer shed? After living here for 24 years and seeing many bucks, and never an antler one, we got new neighbors and their dog thinks he is mine. He brought us two antlers last year.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving guests

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick   I love your deer photos! 
  I saw the doe with the injured leg briefly as she was going into my bamboo. The twins and a younger baby were with her.  There are a lot of acorns and tree beech nuts now. 
  One of the twins from early Spring is so frisky, it runs so fast and was jumping in the leaves. At least the mother didn't seem to be limping as bad now. These three baby's are a lot to take care of! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick -

Wow! He is something!

What a wonderful gathering of Thanksgiving guests!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Wow, the whole clan arrived for carrots.

With the look on that buck's face, I would not only have tossed the carrots but probably spilled my cookies, too.  Such a steel gaze he had.   

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick @What a wonderful Thanksgiving party you held.  I'm sure that your guests blessed you in their own way!

Woofs to Cricket and you all. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick ...They're no fools, they made up their minds they weren't going to miss out on  Thanksgiving dinner.   Woman Happy Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Dobilyn wrote:

Those are the guests I would love to at my house.  

No you wouldn't, they do their business constanrly, and you can see the grass is in poor shape. I have them, but don't ever feed them. against the law here to feed wild animals.They are beautiful, but dangerous too.

Esteemed Contributor

It's November and our St Augustine grass is going dormant.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Valued Contributor

You sure got their attention with the carrots. You are a very kind person. My sister used to leave apples out at a certain time each day and they would show up until the neighbors got after her. I can see you don't have that problem. You have lots of land and she was in a suburb.

Honored Contributor

No cranberries, for them?They might like them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.