Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thanks to all for your prayers!

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@shoesnbags @So happy to hear you fared well.  Welcome back! Curious to know how many propane tanks you have to feed the generator?  LM

@Lilysmom1 

Not propane. The generator runs on natural gas, the kind that powers a gas range. Installation requires a plumber to connect to municipal gas line as well as an electrician.  This kind of generator is permanent, not something you roll out and hook up when you need it. It's an expensive undertaking, but worth it if you live in hurricane country. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Thank you  for checking back in. We were all waiting to hear. 

Honored Contributor

shoesnbags,

I've thought of you, your son - your family - and wondered how you fared.  This is such great news!  Although your damage was costly, it could have been a hundred times worse.  Right?  

How happy I am that prayers, positive thoughts and love for one's fellow human being helped bring you through.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags   I did not see your first thread but I am glad you and your family are okay.  All you can do is take it day by day and give strength to each other.  Take good care.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags   It is nice to see you posting.  You went through quite a bit and I am sorry that happened.

It is wonderful that you and your family are safe and well.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF