Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all for your prayers!

I finally have internet back after Hurricane Ida and just want to thank everyone who sent prayers and positive thoughts before the storm.  We fared amazingly well compared to so many others.  Went 11 days without electricity, but our whole house generator held up well the entire time. (Unfortunately something didn't work right when the power came back on and fried $2000 worth of equipment in something called a transfer box.) We had no running water for about 24 hours after the hurricane and were under a boil water advisory for about a week. That was like visiting Mexico and not being able to drink the water, brush your teeth with it, wash dishes, etc.  Internet was really slow to come back but amazingly our Direct TV satellite didn't budge from the roof, so we had TV the entire time!  Ida had 150 mph winds as it came ashore, so I feel so blessed to be safe.  We have some repairs and cleanup still to take care of, and are generally exhausted, but happy to be moving closer to normal.  Again, thanks for all of the kind thoughts!Heart

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Re: Thanks to all for your prayers!

@shoesnbags It is wonderful to hear from you. I have been thinking about you all and your son. I hope he fared the low pressure event without a lot of additional discomfort. Thank you for posting the update.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags 

Happy to hear you are Ok.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I hope every day gives you a nugget of sunshine!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags    I'm so glad you checked in.  I think many of us were worried about you.  The pictures of the aftermath were so horrible.  Thank goodness you and the family came through it unscathed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

May each day bring you closer to everything being normal again, happy to hear you made it through such an ordeal!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags @So happy to hear you fared well.  Welcome back! Curious to know how many propane tanks you have to feed the generator?  LM

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags I am so glad that you and your husband and son are ok. So sad for all the people affected by that storm.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

So very happy to hear your good news!

Honored Contributor

So glad to hear it, @shoesnbags !