Valued Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Just curious for those who are getting the discounts.  Are you existing card holders for a number of years?  Or ones who are attached through your phone number, only?  Or something different?  I ask because I have been a card holder forever and get zilch consistently.  I find they love to give all the perks to the people who are attached with just the phone number or to get new customers. 

@Wsmom 

i get emails for the discounts. i have/had a nordstrom card, maybe 30+ years ago, but haven't used it. they definitely do not have my cell phone number.

someplace on their web site, i'm sure that there is a way to sign up to be notified of sales, which probably includes getting the emails for the discounts. if it isn't there, send them an email asking to be added to their email list. i can't imagine that they would say no.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @iwrite , I am definitely on their mailing list.   I get emails from them all the time.  They just don't like to give those kind of perks to cardholders; they do it to get the people who aren't spending money there to start spending.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thanks Nordstrom

[ Edited ]

Nordstrom Rack is fantastic..I just got 60% off for a really famous designer handbag for my daughter for Christmas. 

Valued Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Thanks, @iwrite , I am definitely on their mailing list.   I get emails from them all the time.  They just don't like to give those kind of perks to cardholders; they do it to get the people who aren't spending money there to start spending.

exactly right. It's like cable companies having fantastic deals for new customers then jacking up prices for long time loyal ones. 

Valued Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom 

if you have more than one email address, there is nothing stopping you from signing up for their mailing list  under multiple email addresses. from time to time, i have noticed that i get emails/sales/discounts sent to 1 email address and not another, not just from nordstrom, but from several companies. even more interesting, emails with a discount code can vary also. for example, one email account will have a code for 20% off and another will be for 25% off. reminds me of back in the day when victoria secret was doing that with the prices in their catalogs and then got busted.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @iwrite .  I do and I do.  Still no luck.