Honored Contributor

I want to thank everyone here for your thoughts and prayers for my wife and myself during her recent emergency surgery. She asked me to extend her gratitude to all the thoughtful and caring posters on the QVC Bulletin Board for their thoughtful and genuine concern for all of our furry family, and myself.

She was in the hospital for 6 days for this surgery and is now about 2 weeks post surgery. No unexpected situations occurred and she is getting stronger with each passing day. Had her staples removed last Friday and the healing is going as expected.

Her doctor does not want her to drive or lift over 10lbs for another couple weeks to make sure all the internal repair is healed enough to make sure it will be safe for her to handle our furry ones.

All of your thoughts and prayers meant and mean so much to both of us. Will be driving her to a visit tomorrow to my Orthopedic doctor friend who specializes in knees, along with hips. She has a nagging knee issue that has hindering her mobility some since right before her emergency surgery. Had to cancel this appointment because of the surgery and hospitalization.

This old man is still doing "great" both physically and mentally and that is very important to both of us during situations that unexpectedly pop up for one of us. Looking forward to the new year for many different reasons.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Good to read a positive update, sending thoughts for continuous improvement.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut

So glad to hear that Cindy's surgery went well and that she's recovering nicely.

You two have sure been through a lot and the love and devotion you have for each other and your furbabies is obvious and a beautiful thing.Heart

Continued prayers that she continues to heal well and quickly! I know she can't wait to be able to handle 'the kids'!

Please continue to update us on her progress!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

To John and Cindy,

Now that's the kind of Christmas and holiday cheer we want to hear.  So happy to hear that she can still kiss and hug all the furry bunch.  Bet they're glad to have her home too.  So Merry Christmas to you all there.  Stay well.  @hckynut

Honored Contributor

Hi John and Cindy,

Thank you so much for the update. I hope you both have good health for the coming 2018.

http://www.allgraphics123.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/We-Wish-You-Happys-Holiday-And-A-Wonderful-New-Year-540x359.jpg

Honored Contributor

I somehow missed your recent posts about Cindy, but am so glad to hear things are progressing well. 

Best of health to you both for the holiday season!

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut, a great message!  Thanks for the update.  Enjoy a quiet holiday and let the body do it's healing.  LM

Respected Contributor

John,

Continued prayers and good thoughts for you and Cindy.  Here's hoping 2018 brings you both health and happiness.

Keep us posted 

Merry Christmas and LGRW !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I want to thank everyone here for your thoughts and prayers for my wife and myself during her recent emergency surgery. She asked me to extend her gratitude to all the thoughtful and caring posters on the QVC Bulletin Board for their thoughtful and genuine concern for all of our furry family, and myself.

She was in the hospital for 6 days for this surgery and is now about 2 weeks post surgery. No unexpected situations occurred and she is getting stronger with each passing day. Had her staples removed last Friday and the healing is going as expected.

Her doctor does not want her to drive or lift over 10lbs for another couple weeks to make sure all the internal repair is healed enough to make sure it will be safe for her to handle our furry ones.

All of your thoughts and prayers meant and mean so much to both of us. Will be driving her to a visit tomorrow to my Orthopedic doctor friend who specializes in knees, along with hips. She has a nagging knee issue that has hindering her mobility some since right before her emergency surgery. Had to cancel this appointment because of the surgery and hospitalization.

This old man is still doing "great" both physically and mentally and that is very important to both of us during situations that unexpectedly pop up for one of us. Looking forward to the new year for many different reasons.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  Nice report, thanks for the update.

Merry Christmas and wishes for a healthy 2018.