Super Contributor

I ordered an Amazon fire HD 8 tablet for my husband. I have been able to customize it for him but I can’t figure out how to text.  Can anyone help me?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Texting on Fire HD 8 tablet

@Flika13 wrote:

I ordered an Amazon fire HD 8 tablet for my husband. I have been able to customize it for him but I can’t figure out how to text.  Can anyone help me?

@Flika13 

Try posting this in the electronics forum. I’ll bet someone over there can help you. Good luck!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Contributor

I owned both the Fire 7 and 8 and I am unaware it can be used for texting!  Google it you will get instructions.

Trusted Contributor

@Flika13   If it has texting capablilites, it would need a cell plan of some sort.

The only tablets that I'm aware of, that can text, are iPads.  I can also text from my iMac.  With an iPad, you can text anyone else with an Apple device, with no cell plan.  With a cell phone that is identified by your Apple device, you can text anyone. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I used to be able to download the Verizon messages + app on it and text but Verizon no longer supports it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

My husband has an iPhone  and I wanted him to have something with a larger screen.  For the price, this tablet will be fine. He can still watch YouTube and buy things we don’t need online.

Thank you for your replies. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have an Amazon tablet, and it came with the "Messenger " app, and I am able to text with that.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.