Honored Contributor

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

That would be a big no for me.  We have people waiting in line for hours attempting to get tested and then waiting a week or more for results.  Who is going to pay for this constant testing?  Who is going to be able to process all these tests every single day?

Who wants to have a swab put up their nose every single day.  Eventually, that alone is going to introduce something into the nose that causes an infection.    

@Lipstickdiva   The swab determines PAST infection.  The viral test determines CURRENT infection.  I've had both.

You wouldn't be getting a swab every day.  It takes 1-3 weeks for antibodies to show up after an infection anyway.

My PCP handled it all and my results were back in one day.

@Cakers3, did you mean to say this? The swab is the most reliable way to diagnose whether someone is currently positive.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

That would be a big no for me.  We have people waiting in line for hours attempting to get tested and then waiting a week or more for results.  Who is going to pay for this constant testing?  Who is going to be able to process all these tests every single day?

Who wants to have a swab put up their nose every single day.  Eventually, that alone is going to introduce something into the nose that causes an infection.    

@Lipstickdiva   The swab determines PAST infection.  The viral test determines CURRENT infection.  I've had both.

You wouldn't be getting a swab every day.  It takes 1-3 weeks for antibodies to show up after an infection anyway.

My PCP handled it all and my results were back in one day.

@Cakers3 , that is not correct.  Unless you are using swab in a different manner, a nasal swab or throat swab is what they use to determine if you are currently infected.