Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 57,562
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?


@LipstickDiva wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@MaizeandBlue wrote:

 I know we don't have the rapid test kits yet, but we could establish this as a goal.

 

 


That is not true.  Professional athletes get results 15 minutes after testing.  Probably those in the WH too. 


Exactly.  Athletes are tested constantly.  Amazing they can all get tested so many times but the average Joe cannot get tested at all and then waits forever for results.  


Oh please, the average Joe still can't even get a medical grade mask... By now they should be on every freaking street corner... Really makes you wonder what our manufacturing geniuses are doing...


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care
Posts: 1,296
Registered: ‎10-12-2015

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Valued Contributor
Posts: 874
Registered: ‎11-02-2015

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?


@lovesrecess wrote:

My grandkid's  pediatrician says he has given hundreds of COVID tests on his young patients...zero positives so far. He is sure when schools open back up they will be closing back down within three days or so due to someone;  teacher, staff, or student testing positive. I am thankful everyday that I am retired from the classroom now.

 

@lovesrecess    I am also a retired teacher.  I know I could not handle what is expected of the teachers today.  Some are very worried...and rightfully so.  
My grandkids start back in a couple weeks and I honestly think there will be many disruptions.  

 

 


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,765
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?

Yes I read that superintendent’s letter and it was heartbreaking to see what he is up against. It is indeed a fantasy to guarantee no one gets sick when schools open...no matter how clean and sanitized it is and how many precautions taken. I don’t think the social distancing of 6 feet sounds very good....seems like 10 feet or more would be better.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,455
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?

Testing every student every day will never happen. It just isn't feasible. I think that this whole school situation is one of the difficult parts of dealing with this pandemic.

 

Reopening in several countries and even here so far have not gone well. It's a shame because all of us would prefer that it be choice. But only through magical thinking can we assure ourselves that it is the best option from the safety point of view.

 

Everyone in charge should be focused ONLY on preventing more sickness and death. All other factors don't matter if this priority is ignored.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,805
Registered: ‎09-12-2013

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?


@suzyQ3 wrote:

Testing every student every day will never happen. It just isn't feasible. I think that this whole school situation is one of the difficult parts of dealing with this pandemic.

 

Reopening in several countries and even here so far have not gone well. It's a shame because all of us would prefer that it be choice. But only through magical thinking can we assure ourselves that it is the best option from the safety point of view.

 

Everyone in charge should be focused ONLY on preventing more sickness and death. All other factors don't matter if this priority is ignored.


I agree! What happens if the kid refuses? I’m not sure how that would be handled? So many questions with no answers. 

I know many kids don’t have internet access either. More than what some may realize. I think the other day I read that only 40% of kids in WV have internet access. I even wonder if the 40% is high speed. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,807
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?


@LipstickDiva wrote:


  •  

     

     


     


Exactly.  Athletes are tested constantly.  Amazing they can all get tested so many times but the average Joe cannot get tested at all and then waits forever for results.  

 

 

 

@LipstickDiva 

 

Not sure exactly which athletes you are referencing in your post. I can only speak to the hockey players playing in the NHL Playoff games.

 

They are in 2 different "bubbles" in Canada. One is Toronto the other is Edmonton. They have been in these all inclusive bubbles now for almost close to a month.

 

Last I heard over 7,000 tests have been run with zero testing positives. I don't see this as special treatment considering everything is set up/paid for, and managed by the NHL and coordinating medical staffs.

 

Me? Were I out wandering around our City, which they are not, I wouldn't even think, much less expect, getting the same testing procedures and results as a system that keeps everyone confined and all others still able to many things they cannot.

 

 

hckynut 🏒


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,960
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?

[ Edited ]

@LipstickDiva wrote:

That would be a big no for me.  We have people waiting in line for hours attempting to get tested and then waiting a week or more for results.  Who is going to pay for this constant testing?  Who is going to be able to process all these tests every single day?

 

Who wants to have a swab put up their nose every single day.  Eventually, that alone is going to introduce something into the nose that causes an infection.    


@LipstickDiva   The swab determines PAST infection.  The viral test determines CURRENT infection.  I've had both.

 

You wouldn't be getting a swab every day.  It takes 1-3 weeks for antibodies to show up after an infection anyway.

 

My PCP handled it all and my results were back in one day.

 

 

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Super Contributor
Posts: 330
Registered: ‎03-25-2010

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?


@corita wrote:

 



@lovesrecess wrote:

My grandkid's  pediatrician says he has given hundreds of COVID tests on his young patients...zero positives so far. He is sure when schools open back up they will be closing back down within three days or so due to someone;  teacher, staff, or student testing positive. I am thankful everyday that I am retired from the classroom now.

---------------

      I was just discussing this with my DD...a speech therapist in school.  If one child in a class room tests positive - are they going to send all classmates, teacher etc home to quarantine??

     And was just thinking...so glad my kids are grown ups now.  Though they still work in populations that can be exposed easily!! 

      Have talked to several parents that are having to decide what to do with their school age kids...send to school or computer school at home??  And then what about teachers that have school age kids??  They won't be staying home because they will be in school teaching. So who takes care of their school age kids??

 



So someone may have already replied to this (sorry if they did) - but I read on Thurs where a classroom in a private school in NC  had to send all the 4th grade kids & teachers home as one of them tested positive on Monday after being in school for a week.

QVC Customer Care
Posts: 2,787
Registered: ‎06-14-2015