Respected Contributor

Test Every Student Every Day?

When students go back to the classroom, do this automatically.  I know we don't have the rapid test kits yet, but we could establish this as a goal.

I was inspired by the case in MS yesterday.  They tested, traced and isolated all in one day.  We have a direct line to test 1/3 of American families 5 days per week without much hassle.

Honored Contributor

Re: Test Every Student Every Day?

[ Edited ]

And the beat goes on...

Why stop there... Let's test everybody every day and then what...?

We need effective treatments and effective vaccines. We don't need to establish what amount to leper colonies for those who test positive...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

My grandkid's  pediatrician says he has given hundreds of COVID tests on his young patients...zero positives so far. He is sure when schools open back up they will be closing back down within three days or so due to someone;  teacher, staff, or student testing positive. I am thankful everyday that I am retired from the classroom now.

Respected Contributor

Test Every Student Every Day?

No.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:

My grandkid's  pediatrician says he has given hundreds of COVID tests on his young patients...zero positives so far. He is sure when schools open back up they will be closing back down within three days or so due to someone;  teacher, staff, or student testing positive. I am thankful everyday that I am retired from the classroom now.

---------------

I was just discussing this with my DD...a speech therapist in school.  If one child in a class room tests positive - are they going to send all classmates, teacher etc home to quarantine??

And was just thinking...so glad my kids are grown ups now.  Though they still work in populations that can be exposed easily!! 

Have talked to several parents that are having to decide what to do with their school age kids...send to school or computer school at home??  And then what about teachers that have school age kids??  They won't be staying home because they will be in school teaching. So who takes care of their school age kids??

Esteemed Contributor

Some people just need to turn off computer, TV etc.  Take a long walk, read a book, something else for piece of mind.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

This is much worse than leprosy.  Only 200 cases of leprosy are diagnosed in the US each year.  This virus has infected millions here.

Yes, the classroom and teacher would stay home for 14 days.  The rest would be up to the health dept.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

When students go back to the classroom, do this automatically.  I know we don't have the rapid test kits yet, but we could establish this as a goal.

I was inspired by the case in MS yesterday.  They tested, traced and isolated all in one day.  We have a direct line to test 1/3 of American families 5 days per week without much hassle.

Testing every student every day?  That seems highly unlikely and quite preposterous 

Honored Contributor

Some colleges have actually bought hotels close to their campuses to quarantine anyone, students or staff, who tests positive....”quarantine lockdown centers“ with meals delivered and security at the door...no one in, no one out. Doesn’t sound like America to me.