Honored Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸Tell Us About Your City or State! America The Beautiful!!!

@Spurt,

I loved SA ! Lived there for a year. It's such a beautiful city.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Image result for chicago skylineMy city just lost the Star Wars Museum because the creator wanted to use precious lake front land and the Friends of the Park refused to give in.

My city's school district is broke ... really broke.

My city has two baseball teams, one in each league ... one is doing a little better than the other.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸America the Beautuful! Your Bragging Rights!

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I love Nashville, Tennessee and I think everyone should visit this great city! It's Music City, USA, after all! The people here are friendly and warm. It's a very easy city to live in and visit. It's also a boom town, so be careful....you'll probably want to move here....like thousands of other people are doing. We have a great Mayor, too. I think it's the best city in the U.S. So grateful to be an American and a Nashvillian!

@Goldengate8361- were you originally from California?  I love all of Tennessee and your city is one of my favorites and I did consider relocating there at one time....

Esteemed Contributor

@TeezNu wrote:

I've lived in the Dallas area for the last 60 years - I'm 65 now.  So, of course I've seen incredible growth and changes, the most significant of these being its emergence as an area with a strong, sustained economy.  Many Fortune 500 companies headquartered here provide great jobs, and it's a great environment that attracts companies to relocate here.  Cost of living is very reasonable, too.  Of course, economic downturns affect us here, too, but not nearly to the extremes as other areas of the country.

Great universities, medical schools and facilities.

A few months ago, I took a week-long road trip to Austin, San Antonio and Fredericksburg.  I'd not been to these places in over 50 years, and I was overwhelmed with the very rich history and culture.  The tours of the Capitol and LBJ Library in Austin, BBQ joints in Lockhart, the missions and residential historic district in San Antonio, and the LBJ ranch and Hill Country near Fredericksburg were outstanding - a very memorable trip!

Please come visit us here in Texas!

@TeezNu- love Texas too....another beauty of a State and great cities! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

One of my fave fishing spots near Aspen.CO_PhotoProject2007_0006_0_0.jpg

Maroon Bells...?

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

My city just lost the Star Wars Museum because the creator wanted to use precious lake front land and the Friends of the Park refused to give in.

@SoX,

It's really sad to hear about cities going broke. Mid-west has been hit hard. Colorado, where I live, has legalized pot and it has brought us out of debt. Many good things have come out of it's revenue...millions and millions of dollars. One of my Indiana friends told me her state is considering legalization just to generate money.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Sweet Home Alabama where the skies are blue!!!

One of the few states that have mountains and the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches!

Lots of history, the first White House of the Confederacy, the home of the Civil Rights Movement, first street car, and where the Wright Bros. made the first flight, plus much more!Heart

But it is HOT in the summer!Smiley Sad

Hooty, you forgot Huntsville, the home of Redstone Arsenal Space Center; UAB, still one of the largest medical academic centers in the world,  was at one time, ranked in the top 10 medical research universities in the world; a state whose two major universities have won four national football championships back to back, Alabama and Auburn; home to Booker T Washington, Hank Aaron, Geo Washingtlon Carver, Tallulah Bankhead, Martin L King, Jr., Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald, Souothern Poverty Law Center, Condaleeza Rice.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Image result for chicago skylineMy city just lost the Star Wars Museum because the creator wanted to use precious lake front land and the Friends of the Park refused to give in.

My city has two baseball teams, one in each league ... one is doing a little better than the other.

My kind of town... well, it used to be.  I was born there and I could sure go for an Italian beef sandwich.  My team was the 1969 Cubbies.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Just Bee - I've been to your Balloon Fiesta one time and it was spectacular!

We have a similar thing here every September, but on definitely a smaller scale.  BTW, that bee balloon is always here and I've gotten some pretty cute pics of him!

We have a whole bee family!

Bees

Bees

And they always kiss before they fly away...

I just love ABQ ... my good friend was our guide for the Balloon Fest and our trip up the Sandia Mountains.    I almost got hit with some "personal" stuff by your orangutan at the zoo there.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@SoX wrote:

My kind of town... well, it used to be.  I was born there and I could sure go for an Italian beef sandwich.  My team was the 1969 Cubbies.

@just bee

Oh my ... Al's Beef is still opened ... I worked at the Medical Center on the near west side and I'd go to Al's at least once a week.