Honored Contributor

Re: Taylor Swift is really leaving a carbon footprint!

@Lakelife62 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

On the other hand...her ticket sales are good for the economy.

Yes she actually boosted the US economy by some crazy amount of money. People traveling to shows, staying in local hotels, eating in local restaurants, shopping in local stores, the list could go on and on. Jobs saved and added 

Her movie is even helping to save movie theaters that have been struggling to survive since the pandemic. Jobs saved and maybe some added too.

And she gets her fans to register to vote and encourages them to get to the polls. Of all the things she does, this is the most important.

OH!  So TS is the one to blame for this messed up gov't and economy!    LOLOL

I just think it is kinda funny ya'll giving her a pass! 

Smart girl, don't open your mouth like so many others do, and you can't be called a hypocrite.

But these boards went all gung ho about NYC laws and rules and fining a restaurant that accidentally gives out a condiment packet or plasticware with out being asked for it!

What hurts the environment more, that soy sauce packet OR TS?

Just throwing it out there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I say give Taylor all the jet fuel, plastic sporks and soy sauce packets she needs to live her best, fabulous, most bodacious life!

(What a bizarre,  absurd equivalency!)

Fly, Taylor, Fly!

Up! Up!  To the Sky!

Valued Contributor

Lol.  Everyone on here complaining about her flying.  If you were in her shoes you would be doing the exact same thing and don't for a minute, say you wouldn't.  THAT would be the hypocrisy.  Her money, that she earned, is hers to do with whatever she pleases and she does do a lot to help others.  Probably the most genuine and honest celebrity out there and I'm not even a fan!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Lakelife62   believe it or not that's precisely why some people dislike her  - because she registers young folks to vote.  You can guess who abd why

Exactly. I don't have to guess @Teddixat . Just glad to see she's not dragged like some other famous women. I think she's one smart woman!

Esteemed Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

Lol.  Everyone on here complaining about her flying.  If you were in her shoes you would be doing the exact same thing and don't for a minute, say you wouldn't.  THAT would be the hypocrisy.  Her money, that she earned, is hers to do with whatever she pleases and she does do a lot to help others.  Probably the most genuine and honest celebrity out there and I'm not even a fan!

I agree with you.  She never claimed to be a Mother Theresa.  If she did fly commercial she would probably have to buy out a whole section of the plane for her security people.  She probably doesn't want to be stared at or bothered by fans when she travels.

Respected Contributor

She reminds me of a modern day Barbie.  Those two lucky girls have everything!

Back in the day wasn't it every little girls' dream to be Barbie.

Trusted Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

She reminds me of a modern day Barbie.  Those two lucky girls have everything!

Back in the day wasn't it every little girls' dream to be Barbie.

Nope

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@cody2 So to your knowledge what has she said about climate change that this should bother you?

Not a thing that I know of. I was just stating a fact. Taylor is burning the fuel.
Respected Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

cody2:  Just so you know---  Kansas City is in Missouri.

Really? Oops. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@sandy53 FYI, there IS a Kansas City, Kansas as well.

Thank you.