Trusted Contributor

Taylor Hawkins, drummer for the Foo Fighters has passed. He was 50. So sad RIP.

Respected Contributor

Oh no!  I'm so shocked. Was he ill?  or an accident?

Love the Foo Fighters.  R.I.P.  Taylor

Trusted Contributor

@moonandthestars  No cause of death yet that I can find. It really is awful.

Respected Contributor

@Queen of shop  I was just trying to look up what happened and as you say no details or cause of death.  the band was touring in columbia.   I'm actually surprised to learn he was 50, to me he looked younger. and healthy.  so sad Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

So sad to read about his passing.  I love the Foo Fighters!  Dave Grohl has endured a lot of loss in his professional life.

Honored Contributor

Omg, I just  heard!   I am so sad.  I love the Foo Fighters.   He will be missed.  Was he I'll.   Sounds like maybe suicide.   That was my take on the announcement.   He will be missed

Honored Contributor

Too young...another FF fan.  May he rest in peace.

Esteemed Contributor

TMZ stated he had substance abuse issues in the past and in 2001 he survived a heroin overdose. It is possible those demons still haunted him. Very sad for his family. Too young to die. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Taylor Hawkins...

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Dead at 50 | PEOPLE.com

Foo Fighters' Taylor Hawkins Inspired By Band Mate Dave Grohl

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Taylor Hawkins, for 25 years the drummer for Foo Fighters and best friend of frontman Dave Grohl, has died during a South American tour with the rock band. He was 50.

There were no immediate details on how Hawkins died, although the band said in a statement Friday that his death was a “tragic and untimely loss.”

Foo Fighters had been scheduled to play at a festival in Bogota, Colombia, on Friday night. Hawkins’ final concert was Sunday at another festival in San Isidro, Argentina.

“His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever,” said a message on the band’s official Twitter account that was also emailed to reporters. “Our hearts go out to his wife, children and family.”

Police vehicles, an ambulance and fans were gathered outside the hotel in northern Bogota where Hawkins was believed to have been staying. 

Hawkins is survived by his wife Alison and their three children.