Esteemed Contributor

20220228_123813.jpg

20220308_092544.jpg

20220327_113227.jpg

Baby Willow had a rough night from her 3rd set of puppy shots, but she's doing better today. 

20220327_105043.jpg

20220327_104937.jpg

20220327_105010.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry @MamaWick. I know that is upsetting to see her not feel good😢

Willow is such a tiny little one. Do they ever adjust the dose according to size or just one shot fits all?

I know some human drs now have decided not to give all the shots required at one sitting, there are so many! But instead give them in separate visits.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay. Her puppy vaccines have been divided into 3-4 rounds.  Yesterday was her 3rd round and the first time she's had a major reaction.  We think it was maybe the addition of the lepto vaccine (the first of 2 rounds for that).  They know her weight ahead of time but I don't know if that has any bearing on the dose. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick thanks for the post.  Awwww hate to hear that Willow felt bad, I know how that is as some of our pups reacted the same way.  Good to hear she is doing better today.  I know she got plenty of comfort during her feeling bad time.  See lots of shedding going on with the deer.  

We saw a gorgeous Tom turkey displaying for several hens this weekend in a vacant field across the road from us.  Time of year for that and shedding.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Great to see all of the girls out for tea!

My goodness!  Our poor little Willow!  Maybe she can sleep off the effects of the shot.  Medical necessities can be so hard on the little ones.  Hopefully, the effects will be less this time, poor baby!

Respected Contributor

The dose SHOULD be adjusted according to size, but I doubt most vets do that.  If they do, and they TELL YOU they do, they can get in a lot of trouble.  That's what happened to Dr. John Robb; thus, he started Protect the Pets!  (protectthepets dot com)  He's my hero.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

Oh goodness.  Those deer look more than ready to be shed of their winter coats!

Little Willow looks wiped out after her shots.  Please give her a cuddle from us.

Do call the Vet to let them know just how much this round of shots affected her.  They want to know about these things.

Thanks for all the pictures.  It's good to see a peaceable kingdom these days.

Valued Contributor

OMG!  Poor baby Willow!!  :smileysad  I feel so bad for her!!  

When my kitty Bella has to go for her annual vet appt. and shots, she's down and out for the count for a good two days, but the paperwork they give you, does say you might see lethargy for a day or two.  Funny thing is, it never affects her appetite!  lol 

I know you and Papawick will giveWillow all the love and attention she needs to feel better and snuggle with her!  Hugs and love to precious Willow!!  HeartHeart

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick Bless Willow's heart!  MY little man, Buddy a west highland terrier screamed for three days after they gave him his rabies vaccine.  Everytime someone would touch him he screamed and I cried.  It is so upsetting to see the little ones in pain and not be able to take away their suffering.  Hope she feels better soon as she is a sweet little rug rat!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick   Willow's other ear is up now. Smiley Happy  Babies grow so fast.