Respected Contributor

So it's 2 weeks today since my first symptoms and I survived ! Woman Very Happy

No longer having the "knife like" pain on the right side of my head, rash never blistered just started to dry up now and fading. I am still taking the gabapentin because I do have slight nerve pain sensation on the right side of my head, neck and chest area and I feel the slight pain with touch of those areas. Doc says that sensation may last for a while so I will be taking the gabapentin for a while.

My advice to anyone with symptomsis is to contact your doctor and get on the viral meds within 48 hrs of the initial symptoms, that was a tremendous help especially to stop the severe pain in my head ! I thought my head was going to explode or that I was having a stroke ! 

I also  want to say thanks to all for the well wishes, I really appreciated everyone's post.

Honored Contributor

Wonderful news, Goodie2shoes!  What a relief that you have emerged from the worst of this and now feel so upbeat.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

So it's 2 weeks today since my first symptoms and I survived ! Woman Very Happy

No longer having the "knife like" pain on the right side of my head, rash never blistered just started to dry up now and fading. I am still taking the gabapentin because I do have slight nerve pain sensation on the right side of my head, neck and chest area and I feel the slight pain with touch of those areas. Doc says that sensation may last for a while so I will be taking the gabapentin for a while.

My advice to anyone with symptomsis is to contact your doctor and get on the viral meds within 48 hrs of the initial symptoms, that was a tremendous help especially to stop the severe pain in my head ! I thought my head was going to explode or that I was having a stroke ! 

I also  want to say thanks to all for the well wishes, I really appreciated everyone's post.

@Goodie2shoes  congratulations!! I know you went through a lot. It was a lot, lot worse than mine. I'm Still getting the nerve pain on my back and still taking the gabapentin. I asked my Dr for how long should I take it, she said for a long time lol. I'm only taking it twice daily instead of three, then I'll cut it back to once.

Got my second vaccine on Friday and everything is going well. 

Keep on getting better.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04wrote:

I know you went through a lot. It was a lot, lot worse than mine. I'm Still getting the nerve pain on my back and still taking the gabapentin. I asked my Dr for how long should I take it, she said for a long time lol. I'm only taking it twice daily instead of three, then I'll cut it back to once.

Got my second vaccine on Friday and everything is going well. 

@Sage04  thanks again for your well wishes and I wish you all the best as well with your recovery.  My doctor gave me a script for gabapentin with up to 5 refills ! I'm hoping I don't need to continue it that long ( 3 x's a day)  So glad you got the second vaccine !

Regular Contributor

Great news.  I hope you continue to improve. 

Trusted Contributor

I am so happy you are doing so well.  I know you are happy to have this behind you. I have several friends who suffered from shingles for many weeks.  You sound like you have been very blessed with good docs and good meds! 

Super Contributor

@Goodie2shoes I don't know you, but glad you are feeling better. I have Occipital Neuralgia & take Gabapentin every day. I know how painful those headaches are!

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

Congratulations from another shingles survivor.  I had shingles along the. trigeminal nerve, and through the Optic nerve into my right eye.  

Exactly the path my migraines used.  OUCH!

Good Wishes to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythewrote:

Congratulations from another shingles survivor. I had shingles along the. trigeminal nerve, and through the Optic nerve into my right eye.

Exactly the path my migraines used. OUCH!

You must have been in so much pain just trying to eat ! Just touching your face was probably very painful.  Ouch is right ! I have only had one migraine headache in my life and it came on while working my am shift at a Hospital many years ago. Nurses don't get sick right ??   From one survivor to another, congrads ! we made it through

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes - I'm so happy to hear your good news. My wish that you would have a "mild" case didn't come true, but you fought through it with a positive attitude. You were covered in prayer on this end! 

Now you will be able to help others who have no idea what to expect and give them hope!  Smiley Happy