Respected Contributor

Re: Tax Incentive Money has Been Deposited

DH checked our account a few minutes ago and it's there! 

Honored Contributor

I looked this morning, ours isn't there yet.

Respected Contributor

Mine's in (pending). 

Respected Contributor

The money is in our bank account this morning.

Honored Contributor

Nothing added for me yet, but they did take out what I owed the IRS as planned for today. 

Valued Contributor

Congrats to everyone who has gotten theirs!! I wish I was that fortunate! :-(

I haven't yet filed 2019 taxes, but I did file 2018. I only made $33k so I'm definitely within the income limits. So, this am the IRS opened that new tool "Get My Payment" on their site to check on the status of your payment.

So, I entered all my info and it says:

"Payment Status Not Available", "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time. For more information on the eligibility rules, see our frequently asked questions page."

Like I have the worst darn luck. So, the girl that was relieving me this am from work, we tried her information b/c she is in the SAME situation as me (we both owe the IRS but we are in payment plans and it says the only way you wouldn't get one is if you owe child support, which obviously I don't..lol) and so we entered her info and sure enough hers said, "We need your banking information so we can send your payment to you"...

Anyways, I am just bummed. I have $13 in my account and could've really used it today. Grr...That is what I get for counting on the gov to do anything. I guess one positive thing is I do get paid tomorrow, even though it's gone...I do get paid lol

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

MIne is coming snail mail later and then straight to savings/money market.  Still sitting on the last stimulus checks we received in previous administrations.  I will wait and spend on a can of tuna or something in my 90's.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Still waiting for ours

We too, we're always at the back of the bus, though.

Honored Contributor

I have a question if someone knows the answer.

Our payment is not in our account (of course not). I saw that @BrandiDavis @mentioned the IRS site, get my payment thing, so I went there. 

My husband and I have filed both the 2018 and 2019 taxes. Our direct deposit info was on the return for both years. We didn't get refunds in those years though. We had to pay. which we did. 

Anyway, I went to the site and it asked for the social security number so I put my husband's in since his is listed first on our tax returns. 

The result of the search showed that they needed our direct deposit information. Interesting, since it's been in our return for years now, but I went ahead and entered it. 

My question is do I also need to do this for MY social security number?  Or does the fact that we do a joint return and I did my husband since he's listed first Take care of both of us?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Make sure to check the signature to ensure validation.