Esteemed Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

I got my first tattoo when I finished basic training in the military, my second one when I finished my time. My third I got in prison after I beat up an inmate...just kidding but it is on my neck. Smiley Tongue

Too funny, @Tsukiko . Woman Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I began my tattoo journey when I turned 60. I have several and love every one of them. I get compliments all the time! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

My first was done in the early 70s when I think I had hippie tendencies.

My second was done with my DDs so we could have a link.  One DD is gone now and I treasure it.

My third was done with two BFF as a celebration of our long time together.  One is now gone.

They can be lovely things.

Esteemed Contributor

Tattoos don't bother me. I look at it as someone's art and the person is the canvas. Plus, what people do with their bodies is their choice.

Honored Contributor

@BostonMommy wrote:

Thank you DooBdoo Heart

That's a beautiful picture Heart Really BEAUTIFUL !

Your nephew sounds wonderful and so creative. My son was very artist too. I have several of his art framed around our home. He also drew some tattoo artwork for friends. That they had tattoo's made from

You're welcome, @BostonMommy.   It's nice to "meet you!"😊

It sounds like your son was not only brave and inspirational but also talented and creative.   I'll bet his artwork is beautiful.   

My heart goes out to you and your family.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

I got my first tattoo when I finished basic training in the military, my second one when I finished my time. My third I got in prison after I beat up an inmate...just kidding but it is on my neck. Smiley Tongue

@Tsukiko!   First of all, thank you for your service.❤️  

Your last remark...  okay, you really made me laugh out loud!  Thanks for the smiles!😃

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

@Tsukiko,

And a great sense of humor!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I have three and I didn't get them until I was in my 40's. My first one is the Aquarius waves symbol on my inside left wrist. My second is a shooting star on the bottom side of my left hand that covers up a burn scar. My third is the Aquarius constellation done in flowers on my bottom right calf.  I plan to get a fourth to honor my mom who passed away in 2019. Something with a ladybug because she loved ladybugs. 

Many tattoos are beautiful and have meaning to their wearers. There's really no stigma in them anymore, only to those who can't shed their extreme conservative views on appearance and/or be a little open minded. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you to all those posters who shared their inspiring stories. 

I would love to have a tattooed man as long as his name is DAVID BECKHAM  

😂

Esteemed Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I have three and I didn't get them until I was in my 40's. My first one is the Aquarius waves symbol on my inside left wrist. My second is a shooting star on the bottom side of my left hand that covers up a burn scar. My third is the Aquarius constellation done in flowers on my bottom right calf.  I plan to get a fourth to honor my mom who passed away in 2019. Something with a ladybug because she loved ladybugs. 

Many tattoos are beautiful and have meaning to their wearers. There's really no stigma in them anymore, only to those who can't shed their extreme conservative views on appearance and/or be a little open minded. 

@Cumbercookie13 Not sure having conservative views or being closed minded has as much to do with opinions on tattoosas you may think.  We, as thinking and feeling humans, are allowed to have opinions on things, whether others agree or not.  Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they are "closed minded."

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead