Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Porcelain :  

@Porcelain wrote:

One correlation I have noticed is that people with neck tattoos often (not always!) have anger management issues.

They not only have anger management issues, but lengthy rap sheets and prison records as well!

@Buffalogal47,  that is one of the broadest brush strokes I've yet seen posted on these boards.  I'm sure some very prominent people would be stunned to know they have "lengthy rap sheets and prison records".

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

21 Most Painful Places To Get A Tattoo: Where Tattoos Hurt The Most (2021)

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Porcelain :  

@Porcelain wrote:

One correlation I have noticed is that people with neck tattoos often (not always!) have anger management issues.

They not only have anger management issues, but lengthy rap sheets and prison records as well!

@Buffalogal47  Professional athletes ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Porcelain :  

@Porcelain wrote:

The sweet young woman who worked at the home my dad was in and who sat with him getting him to eat - often on her own time - was far from someone with anger management issues, a lengthy rap sheet and prison record.  Also my dog's favorite groomer at Petco has neck tatoos and sure doesn't fit that discription as well as many friends and former co workers!!  I know many without any tatoos who do fit that discription though.

Making such broad assumptions does not show anyone in a good light!!1

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Porcelain :  

@Porcelain wrote:

@Buffalogal47  Professional athletes ?

Edited: You know what? I wrote what I wrote. It's been true in my experience.

I'm not going to try to explain it further or show unending nuance to anyone who doesn't bother to show any nuance to me. No one really cares what I have to say about it anyhow. Nor am I going to argue with every single person who knows a zen individual with a neck tatt. I'm happy for you. Let's leave it at that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

B92D6C84-1F7D-464F-B35B-5FF38F8AE3C4.jpegHilarious!!!😂😂🤣

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

One correlation I have noticed is that people with neck tattoos often (not always!) have anger management issues. Not sure why that is, but I've observed it in the media and in my real life. Because of that, I'm always extra wary of people with neck tattoos.

@Porcelain 

What you can't be serious! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Not for me (I hate needles) but I know many successful, professional people who not only do not have "anger" issues but have neck & tattoos on various parts of their bodies.  They are family and it shocks me the mindset of those who "judge a book by its cover" ...

most tattoos have a meaning, including, the one my son got in support of his brother fighting cancer.  

Honored Contributor

Tattoos are not my thing. As a rule, I appreciate some of the amazing artwork I"ve seen done with them, but I personally find them to be a possible sign of people not being content/comfortable in their own skin. I feel the same way about makeup, hair coloring, cosmetic surgery, etc. 

I'm not saying any of those things are wrong, but to me, they are a product of  'society' saying what we should look like, what we should do, how we should conform, rather than just being naturally who we are, and accepting, content and proud of it. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Tattoos are not my thing. As a rule, I appreciate some of the amazing artwork I"ve seen done with them, but I personally find them to be a possible sign of people not being content/comfortable in their own skin. I feel the same way about makeup, hair coloring, cosmetic surgery, etc. 

I'm not saying any of those things are wrong, but to me, they are a product of  'society' saying what we should look like, what we should do, how we should conform, rather than just being naturally who we are, and accepting, content and proud of it. 

Dressing unique and tattoos are a way for people to be themselves and not conform to the conservative norm that most are told by a conservative society that this is how we should look rather than being what you want to be!!  That to me says many are not afraid to step out of the box and be themselves and not follow the "Emily Post" rules for how to live!!!  The same for anything anyone does to  express themselves. You have to be comfortable in your own skin to allow yourself to really show who you are!    Cookie cutter conservatism is gone and not the norm anymore - thank goodness!  It's not your outward appearance but the person you are inside!!!

Respected Contributor

@gizmogalExcept if I am in a position to hire people for my company.  Then I can choose the appearance I want to set for my employees, especially those who'll be the "face" of my company to the public.